General Data Protection Regulation
LiveHire was founded in 2011 on our core belief that people, and in particular candidates, always have control and transparency over their own information and how it is used. As a LiveHire user you have control over your own profile, the accuracy of your data, and the employers it is shared with. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the past 20 years. It is specifically designed to give European Union (EU) citizens more control over their data and it seeks to unify multiple existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR is Europe’s new framework for data protection laws. It gives residents of the European Union (EU) more control over how organisations collect, process, store, and share their personal data. The GDPR requires organisations to undertake certain steps to ensure they are adequately protecting the personal data they collect or otherwise process, and mandates that companies protect and uphold privacy rights when the personal data of EU citizens are collected and stored. The GDPR aims to make data protection regulations more relevant, comprehensive, and unified.
Key principles of GDPR
- Transparent information handling practices
- Enhanced Individual Rights such as the following:
- Right to access: The right for individuals to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where, and for what reason.
- Right to rectify inaccurate data: The individual has the right to request correction of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to be forgotten: The right for individuals to request erasure of their personal data, cease further dissemination of the data.
- Right to block the processing of personal data: The right for individuals to request to restrict or suppress the processing of personal data, also from third parties.
- Right to data portability: The right for individuals to receive the personal data concerning them, which they have previously provided.
What is LiveHire doing about GDPR?
The principles of transparency and user control in the GDPR align with the privacy principles LiveHire has always believed in. When you share your personal data with us, we treat it with care and recognise our responsibility to protect your data. We have directed efforts towards the following initiatives:
- Explanation of the rigorous security measures we use to protect your information.
- Continuing a robust personal data breach response policy and internal practices, notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Committing to privacy impact assessments.
Who can I contact with questions regarding GDPR?
For more information, please contact us at:LiveHire Ltd Level 10/461 Bourke St Melbourne, VIC 3000
Email: [email protected]