It’s a really exciting time to join our business as our Delivery Lead, whether you are an Agile Delivery Lead, Scrum Master or Agile Coach as long as you are focused on leadership principles, empowerment and coaching this role is for you!
Your purpose in this role is to assist, support and guide the Product Owners, Business Leads and Teams to achieve their delivery goals in delivering value to customers and the organisation.
Some of your core responsibilities will be:
- Working closely with the Product Owners, Business Leads, Test Team, Technical Leads/SMEs to maximise outcomes through prioritisation and efficient use of team resources.
- Sharing lessons learned from their teams with the other Delivery Leads.
- Working closely with the change & release management team to provide the information necessary to release the changes into production.
Leading Delivery Teams
- Working with their teams to continually improve efficiency by removing obstacles, protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions and establishing a high performing and effective team environment.
- Managing the day to day team tasks and workload using Jira and established agile processes as necessary.
- Ensuring that the teams live and breathe agile principles and follow practices that the teams have agreed would be used, including the technical definitions of ‘ready’ and ‘done’.
- Facilitating the scrum processes and scrum meetings and managing the engagement between teams and key stakeholders including partners/vendors (where appropriate), other technology teams and other Delivery Leads.
- Working with the product owners to create a high level view of upcoming work on at least a quarterly basis.
- Pulling together clear transparent plans across their teams that include dependency assessments on systems and resources.
- Updating Product Owners, Business Leads, Test Team, Technical Leads/SMEs, Vendors and Head of Enterprise Solutions on progress of work of the teams.
- Help to develop and apply actions that promote strong customer focus and standards.
- Act with the customer in mind and continually look for innovations and improvements to the customer experience of the work you do.
- Demonstrate behaviours and actions that align to our Organisational Values every day at work.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years exp in a leading delivery teams (Scrum master, Project manager or Delivery Lead)
- Ability to deliver using a range of Agile techniques: e.g. User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing.
- Strong skills and knowledge of various techniques for effective facilitation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Passion and energy
You will work with each team/squad to ensure that the work is delivered in an efficient and consistent manner across the board, identifying issues as they arise and working with your teams to resolve them while facilitating the scrum processes and scrum meetings.
Why work with TAB?
When you bet with the TAB on the gallops, trots or greyhounds, take a punt on the All Blacks or European football, every betting dollar contributes to grassroots racing and sports in New Zealand as well as the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of Kiwis involved in these sectors.
Apply now and let us know how why you can Deliver and Lead in this role!
- Published on 11 Jun 2021, 4:16 AM