We acknowledge the traditional custodians of these lands and waters and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal people of Australia. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and appreciate applications from its members.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT SERVICES AND THE DES PROGRAM
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways. Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. As a providers of Disability Employment Services, SSI works to support people with disability as well as providing assistance to employers to put in place practices that support the employee in the workplace.
The focus of this role is to assess the needs of clients with a permanent disability, injury or health condition and provide a broad range of services to assist them to gain and maintain sustainable employment.
Your duties will include:
- Identifying suitable employment Pathways in collaboration with the client, identifying a strategy for addressing challenges and barriers to employment as agreed with the participant, performing a Skill Gap analysis and regular communication with clients in both pre- and post-placement phases
- Process the different agreements like Wage Subsidy Agreement, Relocation Agreements etc. Conduct Risk Assessments and other necessary checks before placing clients in various activities.
- Providing pre-employment support including resume development and job search assistance, interview support, referrals to education, training and certification opportunities, and referrals to work placement and experience programs.
- Deliver Disability Employment Service according contractual obligations, policies, procedure, guidelines and National Disability Standards. Promote DES services and raise disability awareness and inclusion.
- Work closely with Allied Health professionals, Ongoing Support Assessor, work modification assessors, safe work assessors and DHS to maximise outcomes for clients
Ideally, you would be someone with 2+ years of relevant experience preferably in the disability sector with Tertiary qualifications in disability, social science, human resources or community service however not mandatory. Your demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders coupled with your resilient attitude and strong negotiation skills will see you succeed in this role. With excellent time management and organisational skills, you are a self-motivator with initiative and demonstrated ability to work unsupervised. A valid driver’s license and car is a prerequisite for this role.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
Our workplace reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and abilities of our employees.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com.
Applications close date: 25th September 2020