ABOUT THE NATIONAL MULTILINGUAL HUB
The Future Ability National Multilingual Disability Hub provides relevant, in-language information, advice and referrals for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) through a national multilingual hotline and a website.
As potentially the first point of contact for people with disability from CALD backgrounds the Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist will answer questions regarding disability in general, the NDIS and available supports in the caller's language. The caller's will most likely be people with disability from CALD backgrounds, their families or carers.
Languages required: Cantonese (Tuesday), Greek (Monday), Macedonian (Thursday), Vietnamese (Tuesday), Bangla (Monday), Spanish (Tuesday), Tamil (Wednesday), Nepali (Friday).
This role would suit someone who enjoys helping people, has excellent communication and customer service skills and strong attention to detail. Successful candidates will also possess the following;
- Experience working in the community and disability sectors.
- Experience working in a call centre environment.
- Current and detailed knowledge of the NDIS and disability issues and supports available, including government and non-government services.
- Fluent in English and at least one community language.
- An understanding of the needs and issues affecting people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure.
- High level administration and computer skills, including navigating (multilingual) and complex websites.
- Available on the day corresponding to the language
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter and complete attached expression of interest form.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email [email protected]