The Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney is a 364 room, five-star classic hotel located in the financial and dining hub of the northern CBD. We underwent a refurbishment of all rooms recently and enjoy high levels of repeat clientele who enjoy our personalised customer service. We're located between Sydney's best shopping and Circular Quay with many major corporate offices close by.
Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, you will be an integral part of our Engineering team and assist in the maintenance and repair of our heritage-listed hotel. This position is hands on and requires a solid knowledge of hotel operations, all facets of hotel engineering and 5-star customer service environments. Working within a small team of 8 in a 7-day operation, you will provide our guests and employees with a secure and comfortable environment by assisting the Chief Engineer with a wide range of repairs and preventative maintenance work in and around the property to ensure that our hotel is always operating to its full potential.
Your responsibilities include:
· Ensure that all equipment is operated effectively by directing and supervising the operation of all running equipment and plant.
· Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs
· Performs preventative maintenance throughout all areas of the hotel, including both the front and heart of house, interior and exterior
· Maintain routine reports by recording daily meter readings and interpreting daily log sheets.
· Ensure that all employees follow safety and emergency procedures
· Meet and exceed the expectations of the employees by utilising leadership skills in order to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
· Assist in providing orientation and training for all new Engineering employees
· Provide value added service to customers by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Act as the Chief Engineer during periods of annual leave and be on call
Ideally you will have experience working autonomously but also enjoy working in a team environment in a similar position in a similar environment. Relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded. You will be able to meet deadlines, take initiative and have the ability to work well under pressure. As well as being experienced you will be a customer focused person who has the ability to build a rapport and relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds, including guests, colleagues, contractors and suppliers.
You will be supported by our Chief Engineer and the Hotel Manager as well as a dedicated and experienced team of Handypersons and an administrative assistant.
Good to know
We provide a 1.5 day Orientation, a maintained uniform and subsidised meals in our employee dining room as well as internal career opportunities. Social Club membership, discount global accommodation and travel club eligibility are also offered.
Please note that all applicants must have existing full time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.