Perpetual we are seeking a motivated and experienced Team Leader to join our growing operational team.
Excellence, Integrity, Partnership
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role based in Melbourne.
As a Team Leader the role is focused on leading the client operations team to deliver a great end to end customer experience and achieve performance and business goals.
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- Encouraging team members to be productive, accurate and proactive in their work, while promoting individuals to support each other and their development by using their skills and knowledge to contribution to the divisional service and business outcomes
- Effective planning and prioritisation to ensure deadlines are met and outcomes achieved
- Being an escalation contact point for the client operations team, key stakeholders including the Perpetual Private client teams and Advice Delivery and Trustee Services
- Ensuing service levels are met and outcomes achieved
- Identifying individual and team training and development gaps/opportunities and then working with management and the wider business to successfully deliver relevant training and development programs
- Quality review and system transaction monitoring to minimise key risks and ensure that procedures and controls within the team are being followed
- Providing support for complex and high-risk transactions
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Team Leader role
- 5+ years’ experience within the Financial Services industry, ideally in an Administration team or back end operations environment.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven success in a customer orientated role
- Strong people leadership capability, attention to detail, written & verbal communication
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual!
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#THRIVE #ACHIEVE #GROW