Perpetual is seeking a motivated and experienced Head of Manager Research to join our growing team.
- Excellence, Integrity, Partnership
At Perpetual we know our people are responsible for our continued success. An investment in the growth of our people is an investment in the future of our business, so you’ll be challenged and supported in this exciting role based in Sydney.
This role of a Head of Manger Research is focused on managing the Perpetual Private Multi Manager team, investment philosophy and research process with a view to generating consistent client outcomes in line with our brand and driving growth through innovative investment solutions for clients
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- Responsibility for $7bn of multi-manager funds across multiple asset classes, including over $1bn in alternatives asset programmes, across both Superannuation and non-super funds.
- Develop and manage the PP APL/model portfolios process across all asset classes in line with Investment Committee approvals
- Develop and manage a team of portfolio managers and analysts
- Contribute to strategy and planning as a member of the PP Investment Research Leadership team and broader PP leadership group.
- Coordination and management of reviews of asset allocation, fund managers and investment strategies
- Adhere to and develop the PP Risk culture and framework, as well as overall governance processes
- Develop and grow a quality pipeline of wholesale investable opportunities for PP clients
- Manage Direct Fixed Interest, Direct Property offering plus any future innovation and client solutions
- Presentation of board papers and quarterly updates to PP Investment Committees and statutory boards
- Contribute to the development of regular adviser communications material (ie. PP managed funds and asset class communications materials)
- Presentations on the investment performance of PP funds and portfolios, as well as macroeconomic themes via monthly calls, webinars, PD days and one-to-many adviser and client presentations
- Ad‑hoc managed funds/asset class inquiry resolution (driven by advisers or clients)
- Maintain a well-managed and documented Investment Process
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience could include:
- University Graduate with appropriate undergraduate degree (eg, commerce, economics, business, finance)
- Relevant investment post‑graduate qualifications (eg, CFA, MBA, CAIA, MAppFin) and RG146 and/or FASEA accreditations desirable
- Experience in investment process development and ownership
- Track record in managing teams of investment professionals, including PMs and Analysts
- Knowledge of the Direct Markets and experience with a broad range of Asset Classes
- Experience in Asset Allocation, capital markets and multi-asset portfolio construction
- Presentation and selling skills coupled with project management skills
Why should you join Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and offering an environment where diversity of thought is encouraged. Through wars, recessions and financial crises, we have continually evolved to meet the challenges of constant social, technological and economic change. This makes Perpetual a great place to work – a place where you can grow, thrive and make a difference in people's lives. Our culture is underpinned by our three core values: Excellence – delivering exceptional outcomes; Integrity – doing what’s right; and Partnership – succeeding together. We will continue to earn the trust of our clients in everything we do by staying true to our core values and financial principles.
Our vision is for a better, more equal Australia, where every child can go to school, grow up, have a job and make a contribution. Where every community is safe to live, work and play. As a corporate leader, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognise our social and economic responsibility to create opportunities for greater participation in the economy by all Australians.
For the third year running, Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. We are proud to be acknowledged for a culture where diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone has a voice.
What’s in it for you?
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything you'd expect, and more.
- What would you do with an additional week’s leave each year?
- An employee share plan and discounted financial advice?
- How about the flexibility to balance work and family life?
- Not to mention parental leave and a return to work bonus.
- There’s only one way to find out – join the team at Perpetual!
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#THRIVE #ACHIEVE #GROW