As a Little Group business, Little Real Estate is Australia's largest independently owned real estate business with 21,000 properties under management.
With a growing national presence, our scale allows us to provide a great working environment for all our team including:
· Industry-leading technology that streamlines tasks
· Strategic office locations that minimise travel requirements
· Employee benefits – including health and wellbeing programs and incentive opportunities
· "Dress for your day"
We believe in having fun and maintaining honest and open dynamics. We also value humility and drive accountability among our team members. These are the Little Real Estate values that guide our great culture and supportive working environment – and we'd love for you to become part of this.
About the Role
The receptionist role will provide coverage to the front of house administration processes. Reporting to the Office Manager of the Spring Hill Office you will provide exceptional client service and create a first class environment for all clients and visitors at our Queensland Head Office.
- Meet and Greet clients and visitors
- Answer incoming calls and queries
- Processing rental applications
- Key coordination of administration processes
- Correspondence and mail
- Marketing and general admin support to the team
Skills & Experience
- A certificate of registration or the ability to obtain one
- Exceptional standards in terms of customer & client service
- Professional presentation & verbal/written communication
- Proven ability to prioritise a high volume of work
- System savvy and the ability to pick up new systems and processes with ease
- We're committed to learning and development.
- We're committed to your well-being. We have an extensive employer funded health and well-being program for all of our team.
- We like to have fun with regular social activities and great annual events
If you want to join a game changing organisation, don't look any further. Trust us. Apply now
In light of the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are frequently reviewing our recruitment processes, which may adapt to include options such as video interviewing to accommodate any impacted individuals etc. As this is a fluid situation, we will adapt as we need to with any government guidelines or regulations.
- Published on 25 Jun 2020, 4:20 AM