Accomplished individual with over 25 plus years’ experience in the plumbing, power, construction and mining fields.
I possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and take pride in my ability to converse, negotiate, liaise, coordinate and relate to a wide range of personalities while valuing the qualities of honesty, fairness, integrity and ethical commitment. With my experience in the building industry, I have increased my problem solving and decision making skills in response to unpredictable and challenging circumstances, often requiring immediate resolution. Outstanding conflict resolution skills using tact, diplomacy, fairness and firmness; achieving mutually satisfactory results. A sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures and the practical implications in the work environment all leading to an accident free working career. Demonstrated success in meeting deadlines in often pressure situations while supervising other employees. Technology Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, Internet and Email.More
- Working and Running my Plumbing & Gas fitting business.
- While employed l was involved in: Renewing Mackay Regional Council’s reticulation water assets, Installing water meters, fire hydrants and performed general construction and maintenance works.
- Renewing Mackay's reticulation Water assets, increasing the water pressure to properties in the Mackay and surrounding areas for a healthier way of life.
Laying water main, installing main cocks, renewing property water services, installing fire hydrants, Sluice Valves and water meter assemblies, repairing, renewing burst mains and services from main to meter.More
- While employed l was involved in Assisting Fitters, Boilermakers, Riggers and Scaffolders to retube the Condenser at Yallourn Power Station. l also performed general construction, maintenance works either in a team or individually
- Getting the Power station unit up and running in the shutdown time and within budget.
- While employed l was involved in maintaining and replacing Gold Coast Water Assets, installing property services from main to meter, servicing or renewing fire hydrants & performing fault diagnostics and rectifications.
- Renewing and upgrading Gold Coast Water's reticulation assets for a healthier way of life. Maintaining all Water assets.
Organising backhoes and Sucker trucks to complete excavation works in the jobs l was involved in.More
- While employed l was involved in carrying out inspections of boilers, boiler tubes and components, administering repairs and/or replacing expired parts & performing fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Giving accurate boiler tube thickness readings and other plant thickness readings to Engineers of the Power stations for consideration of plant maintenance, refurbishment and or renewal and repairs of Plant.
Assisted Fitters, Pressure Welders and Boilermakers in the maintenance , refurbishment, renewal and repairs of all Plant life. Liaised with all shutdown personnel and management in getting the Power Station units up and running in shutdown time and within budget.More
- While employed l was involved in maintaining and repairing resorts sewage treatment plant, piping, mechanical equipment and storm water systems, serviced,refilled and repaired LP Gas appliances and responded to breakdown callouts.
- Maintained a healthy and safe work and staying environment for both guests and staff that occupied the island.
Taking rainfall readings and recording them for Queensland university, taking water meter readings and power usage readings for the Resorts records, maintained, repaired and replaced water pumps and piping to all buildings.More
- While employed l was involved in: Carrying out inspections of boilers, boiler tubes and components, Performing fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Reporting on tubes wear and plant life wall thickness of Boilers and carrying out Boiler making and Fitter duties on Loy Yang A & B plant and machinery.
Assisted Fitters,Pressure Welders and Boilermakers in maintaining,repairing and or renewal of Power stations plant and machinery. Liaised with all maintenance personnel and management in getting the Power station units back and running in the shutdown time and within budget.More
- While employed l was involved in performing overhauls, upgrades and fitting pipe work to plant, carrying out general construction work and routine mechanical maintenance.
- Getting the Maryvale Paper Mill up and running in the shutdown time and within Budget.
- While employed l was involved in: Repairing and replacing property water services, Installed Inspection shafts and ground covers. Repaired, renewed and installed Sewer main piping and pits, unblocked Sewer drains.
- Performed hot water and gas appliance servicing and repairs, all work was guaranteed with a certificate of compliance, and l also carried out below surface water and concrete boring to renew water services to properties.
Sub Contracted for Gippsland Water and waste in the upkeep of there Water and Sewer reticulation assets in the Gippsland area.More
- While employed l was involved in: Performing turbine overhauls, checking main steam lines for wear, Preparing damaged pressure pipes for replacement and Fitting pipes to Power station plant and machinery.
- Maintaining, repairing and upgrading Hazelwood Power Station's Plant life and machinery, assisting Fitters, Pressure welders, Boilermakers, Electricians and Instrument fitters in the completion of all Construction work safely.
- While employed l was involved in installing gas appliances, piping and associated components, performed roof and sewer, sanitary maintenance and or repairs, carried out gas appliance servicing and repairs.
- Carried out all work to Australian standards which entailed a certificate of compliance. eg: Guarantee of workmanship.
- While employed l was involved in working as part of a team to complete upgrades and maintenance of the Hazelwood power station and associated machinery.
- Safely working with Fitters, Pressure welders, Boilermakers, Electricians and instrument fitters in the maintenance, upkeep and or renewal of Hazelwood Power Stations plant life and machinery.
Liaised with all Trade personnel, staff and management in the smooth running and upkeep of the Hazelwood Power station.More
- While employed l was involved in removal and replacement of conveyor belts, working as part of a team to complete upgrades and maintenance on the Morwell Briquette & Power Station and associated machinery.
- Worked as part of a team to keep the Briquette factory and Power station running at peak efficiency, to keep clients and overseas companies satisfied in our local coal products.
Worked and liaised with all trades personnel and staff in the running of the Briquette and Power station.More
- While employed l was involved in installing sewer, storm water and water service piping, gas piping into the complex site and depot.
- Carried out installation of building plumbing, gas appliances and consumer piping to buildings, Installed concrete works and storm water pits.
Worked and liaised as a labourer for all trades personnel on site, in the construction and erection of the Gippsland Water Complex and Depot.More
- While employed l was involved in organising and delivering various landscaping supplies to the Latrobe Valley and surrounding areas.
- Construction of retaining walls, jetties and fences, Carried out tree stump removal and on site clean-ups and the construction of rock pools and water falls.
Maintained lawns and gardens to clients needs and specifications.More
- While employed l was involved in maintenance and repairs and or renewal of all the hospitals plumbing, water and gas systems, associated piping and Mechanical systems and flues, roof renewal and repairs.
- Worked and liaised with all Maintenance personnel and staff in the smooth operation of the hospital, providing best possible care to patients and families.
Education and Qualifications
I am a Licensed Plumber & Gasfitter and have updated my training and skills to suit an ever changing work place as the years have passed.More
|2013||Safety & Risk management||Axiom College||Yes|
|2013||Supervise Asbestos Removal||Axiom College||Yes|
|2013||Complete the Removal of Non-Friable Asbestos||Certificate III||Axiom College||Yes|
|2013||Certified to Supervise||Certificate IV||Axiom College||Yes|
|2010||Confined Space Entry||NMTC Group||Yes|
|2010||White card (QLD, TAS & WA)||Urban E-Learning||Yes|
|2010||OHS Construction Induction training||Urban E- Learning||Yes|
|2010||Confined Space Training||Trade Certificate||NMTC Group||Yes|
|2008||QLD Plumber Licence||Plumbing Industry Council||Yes|
|2007||QLD Blue Card||Australian Training & Safety Institute||Yes|
|2005||VIC Red Card||Master Builders Association||Yes|
|2004||Working at Heights||H.S.O. Assessors Australia||Yes|
|2001||Cert 1& 2 in Transport & Distribution||Certificate II||Central Gippsland College of TAFE||Yes|
|1981||Plumber and Gasfitter||Trade Certificate||Central Gippsland College of TAFE||Yes|
|-||Senior First Aid or Workplace Level 2||No|
|-||Rescue at Heights||No|
|-||Gas Test Atmospheres||No|
|-||Emergency First Aid or Workplace Level 1||No|
|-||Confined Space Rescue||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2016||Working Safely at Heights||Worksafe Training Centre||Yes|
|2016||Confined Space||Worksafe Training Centre||Yes|
|2007||QLD Plumber Licence||Queensland Building & Construction Commission||Yes|
|2004||Forklift||Central Gippsland Institute of Tafe||Yes|
|2004||VIC Driver's License, Medium Rigid,Car,||Central Gippsland Institute of Tafe||Yes|
|1993||Rigging - Basic||Central Gippsland Institute of Tafe||Yes|
|1981||Plumber & Gasfitter Licence||Victorian Building Authority||Yes|
With a proven track record encompassing extensive trade skills, well developed interpersonal skills, high performance and a highly accountable work ethic both individually and as a team member. Excellent knowledge of plumbing, power generation and building & construction industries with established rapport with clients, contractors,and suppliers. Communicate effectively with the public, other staff and all levels of management.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- MS Publisher (Intermediate)