NQBP is port authority for the ports of Weipa, Abbot Point, Mackay and Hay Point .
I am a company secretary, governance professional, Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia, an experienced corporate/commercial lawyer with a good mix of top tier law firm, private sector, ASX listed and government exposure and experienced lecturer and tutor in corporate law and governance. I am seeking to expand my horizons and apply my skills in further board roles or academic roles.More
- The Queensland State Council has a key role to play in promoting the Governance Institute within Queensland to support the Governance Institute’s objectives in activities such as attending events or meeting with influential business leaders to communicate Governance Institute’s key messages.
- The Sands Australia Incorporated National Council oversees the Governance and Strategy of the Sands brand and services across Australia. Sands Australia is a recognised charity with DGR status.
- Sands Queensland provides support, information, education and advocacy for parents and families who experience the death of a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, newborn death or other pregnancy losses. The Management Committee has the general control and management of the administration of the affairs, property and funds of Sands Queensland.
- North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation (NQBP) is a leading port authority responsible for world-class facilities at the working ports of Weipa, Abbot Point, Mackay and Hay Point. NQBP is one of Australia’s largest port authorities by tonnage throughput and more than half of Queensland’s trade, by tonnage, pass through NQBP's ports.
- My role is as Associate General Counsel and Company Secretary to NQBP, Mackay Ports Limited and Ports Corporation of Queensland.
- I am responsible for providing oversight of the governance framework and document and information management.
- The Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance sets the standard for entry into a profession in governance. The Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance is the only applied postgraduate course in governance with higher education accreditation that includes tailored public and private sector subject options, as well as a dedicated subject on Risk and Compliance.
- Course Director and Lecturer - ``Corporate Accountability: Meetings and Disclosure''
- Course Director and Lecturer - ``Applied Corporate Law''
Education and Qualifications
|2014||Graduate||Other||Australian Institute of Company Directors||No|
|2012||Graduate Diploma - Applied Corporate Governance||Graduate Diploma||Governance Institute of Australia Limited||No|
|2006||HCA Certificate of Good Standing||Other||Unknown||No|
|2006||Graduate Diploma - Legal Practice||Graduate Diploma||College of Law||No|
|2005||Juris Doctor (Hons) - Law||Postgraduate Degree||Bond University||No|
|1981||Bachelor of Pharmacy||Undergraduate Degree||University of South Australia||No|
|1979||Bachelor of Science (Hons)||Postgraduate Degree||University of Adelaide||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||R - Rider||-||No|
|-||C - Car||-||No|
Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Acrobat Pro (Intermediate)