I am a motivated, pro-active, logical thinker experienced in investment management, research, valuations, accounting and administration.
I have over 9 years experience in financial services. A motivated and competent individual able to work in an environment that allows one to contribute in a way that maximizes their full potential. A logical thinker, experienced in data mining research and valuations to support investment methodology. Ability to deliver presentations to colleagues, senior executives and external stakeholders. I hope to work in a role that gives me the opportunity to apply my quantitative skills and intellect as an important resource to achieving organizational objectives.More
- Providing research support, assistance including producing, presenting reports, conducting data, and research analysis. Interpreting investment data and research and drafting recommendations for the Investment Committee. Responsible for investment governance across all managed funds, LIC’s, Equities and ETF’s on the MLC / Navigator Wrap Platforms and the Approved Investment Lists for aligned Advisers with a Combined FUM of $AUD31billion.Monitoring of existing underlying research providers in line with ASIC’s RG79 guidelines and recommending to the Investments Committee. Ongoing monitoring of corporate actions, significant events and any other trading issues affecting all investments on menus and giving recommendations as required. Engaging and communicating with key stakeholders including advisers. Produce insightful investment education reports for both advisers and their clients. Contribute towards best practice investment research service at NAB.
- Prepared and circulated detailed industry research reports. Forecasting profitability of companies in the long run, use of Excel based financial modeling techniques to determine equity valuations. Microsoft Office, Sage Accpac,
- Fund Manager of the Year 2008. Grew FUM achieving an average annual growth rate of 23.43% in the period ***, on the back of strong equities research. Personally garnered $3.2 million in 2012-13 in new business.
Managed a portfolio of 4 Unit Trust funds and oversaw the creation and liquidation of units as well as periodic distribution of trust units and advising the custodian bank. Prepared and circulated detailed industry research reports that saw the firm retain its top spot on the Fund Manager on the Year ranking done in Zimbabwe by AON Consulting (2008). Forecasting profitability of companies in the long run, use of Excel based financial modeling techniques to determine equity valuations. Recommending undervalued/overvalued companies to the portfolio managers, making timely buy and sell recommendations from equity research. Created new relationships with large institutional channels, including Pension Funds and Government Departments. Represented company at trade shows, industry events, and conferences, traveling regularly to establish brand and acquire new contacts. Sell side and Buy side Trader. (ZSE/JSE). Designed value preservation strategies in a hyperinflationary environment.More
- Preparing month-end accounts for Unit Trust funds, bank reconciliations, of fixed-asset ledgers, maintenance
Assisted in preparing annual budgets and forecasts to management. • Preparing timely Quarterly taxation returns (QPD’s to avoid penalties) and keeping up to date with changes in financial legislation. • Assisted with annual audit processes, including gathering supporting audit evidence and responding to auditor queries.More
Education and Qualifications
Level 12 (4 Distinctions)More
|2016||CFA Program Candidate||Postgraduate Degree||CFA Institute||No|
|2014||Diploma in Financial Planning||Diploma||Monarch Institute||No|
|2006||Bachelor Degree in Commerce||Honours Degree||National University of Science and Technology||Yes|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||C - Car||-||No|
Grew funds under management in the period ***, achieving an average annual growth rate of 23.43%, on the back of strong equities research. Managed a portfolio of 54 Fund Accounts, which included Pension Funds, Medical Aid Funds, and Unit Trusts. Personally garnered $3.2 million in fixed income and equity portfolio accounts, 2012-13 from Institutional channels and HNW Clients. Past President of the NUST Finance Students Society 2004/5.
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Access (Intermediate)
- OneNote (Basic)
- Acrobat Pro (Advanced)
- SAP (Advanced)
- SAGE Accpac (Advanced)
- Sun (Basic)
- Asset management systems (Advanced)