Music Editor @Junkee
Junkee Media launched four years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you…
A rare opportunity has opened up for a full-time Music Editor to own both Music Junkee & InTheMix titles from an editorial standpoint and really help to grow the music footprint, make an impact, and take Junkee to the next level in 2018!
Here's what you'll do...
As Music Editor you will be responsible for commissioning and editing music related content, news and opinion pieces that meet our dedicated audience needs and help to drive traffic and awareness.
As Music Editor you will have a deep understanding of the Junkee brand and audience, be well connected in the music space with a wide contact list to draw from in order to create highly engaging content that will stand out in market.
You will be able to balance the commercial needs and aims of the business whilst ensuring the content produced is of highly quality and consumer friendly.
This blended role of original writing and sub-editing is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your love for music and be accountable for Junkee's unique stamp in this space!
- Commissioning and editing freelance content that engages our audience and complements the work produced by our in-house team
- Staying up to date and responsive to the latest in Australian and International entertainment music news
- Working closely with the Managing Editor, site editors and staff writers to make sure that all content is on brand, optimised for user experience, SEO and executed to the highest standard
- Implementing best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Sub-editing copy
- Amplifying content through social media; Facebook, Twitter etc
Here's what you'll look like...
- 3+ years experience in digital publishing, with a proven track record of producing highly engaging, impactful content across the music space
- A massive Junkee Music & InTheMix fan a must!
- Experience in creating unique and highly engaging content that stands out from the crowd with a deep understanding of what makes a truly great story and what keeps Junkee's dedicated audience informed and entertained is essential
- Be able to tap into a wide and diverse list of contacts in order to create highly engaging content
- Knowledge and demonstrable skills in digital copywriting and editing
- Published examples of writing across the Australian and International music scene
- Deep knowledge of distributing content through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Tumblr
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both autonomously and in a team
- Experience using Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to track content performance
- Degree qualified in communications, journalism or similar field preferred
In order to be considered, work samples and links should be uploaded to your LiveHire profile upon application
If you're curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we're ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn't the right role for you, we'd love for you to be part of our Talent Community where you'll find out about new opportunities first!