- Job no: 97ARY
- Category: Technology
- Exciting time to join a top 100 ASX listed business with big goals
- Hybrid working arrangement - mix of WFH/office
- Access to a great selection of benefits
We’ve only just begun, but what a beginning. In a once in a generation moment, we’ve brought together powerful brands to create one united force. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and Felix. The latest technology and brave thinking let us connect our people and communities. You could play a role in that. A big one. We invite you to bring your boldness and stand out. You are empowered. Opportunities are plenty for those ready to accept the challenge.
Role Purpose & Environment
The Network Integrity division is responsible for delivering a complete Network Relocation Service, specialising in providing solutions to fibre asset relocations across varied network architectures. This includes the removal of fibre infrastructure, relocation of fibre assets, redesign/reconstruction of the fibre network and protection of fibre assets.
The team of highly experienced Network Integrity Fibre Designers are tasked to produce design solutions with practical application.
We are a dynamic business; this brings new opportunities for our customers and our people. Being adaptable, managing change and maintaining resilience is key to success for all of us at TPG. Due to the dynamic nature of the business your responsibilities may change over time as the business evolves.
· Produce engineering standards and architecture documentation of the fibre network.
· Planning & Design of fibre installation, ensuring adherence to Facilities Access Agreements, Telecommunications legislations, property, and commercial agreements. New agreements should comply with property and legal governance.
· Provide engineering work orders, drawings and plans as required, current approval for facilities access and use of quality materials to ensure contractors can successfully deploy fibre cable to TPG specifications.
· Direction and support for other engineering and operational teams and deploying new cable, interconnecting with other carrier networks or operationally reinstating fibre cable.
· Validate accuracy of asbuilt fibre records, including the representation of fibre depository databases and graphical inventory systems, whilst providing direction and documentation for application enhancements to GIS.
· Project administration of all fibre activities, including financial project monitoring and reporting, variations, purchase order and requisition tracking with an on time and on budget focus.
· Owners of the fibre architecture with consideration against cost, quality, and capacity.
· Compilation of Concept Design Document inclusive of detailed CAD design identifying proposed construction, trench, duct, subduct, pit and fibre routing requirements.
· Create splicing diagram instructions recommendation to GIS, which is translated into a SOW to be executed by contractors.
Knowledge & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Telecommunications, Project Management.)
- Experience and knowledge in Telecommunications fibre network deployment. (Civil construction will be highly regarded)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Project management running complex delivery solutions.
- Organisation skills and the ability to manage and meet competing deadlines.
- Confident managing stakeholders at all levels and negotiate or navigate to seek resolution
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (work from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Our TPG Telecom Spirit
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
If you think the power of people and collaboration can make a meaningful difference in the world, then APPLY NOW to help us build a better future.
Bolder and better together!
- Published on 14 Aug 2022, 11:45 PM