- Job no: 12610
- Career Development Pathways + Annual Bonus & Group Benefits!
- Hybrid working focus on flexibility, empowered to work your way & agile!
- Work / life balance focus to support you and your family + additional annual leave options!
Here's an overview of our role:
We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership and HSE Business partnering to the assigned Business Units. As the HSE Manager, you will lead activities and initiatives that support the implementation of the Groups' HSE Strategy across the Business Units.
The role is also responsible for supporting the business with environment and sustainability requirements, HSE monitoring programs, systems, and HSE operational support and delivery. The role also provides high level coaching and mentoring to BU leaders for delivery of key objectives and HSE related strategies of the Business Units and works with the Business Units leadership teams, to drive a workplace HSE culture defined by risk based systems and proactive behaviours of accountability, ownership, awareness and leadership.
A little about you:
- Must have:
- significant experience within the utilities, services and / or infrastructure industries; in a role providing leadership and advice regarding HSE
- Strong experience in construction as principal contractor with sub-contractor management
- demonstrable experience in the implementation, monitoring and improvement of risk based HSE systems and assurance programs
- demonstrable experience in leading a team of HSE professionals who support and partner with operational stakeholders
- demonstrable experience in effectively managing critical HSE risks and critical incidents
- extensive experience in coaching leaders and empowering teams and managers to support enterprise outcomes
- highly developed ability to engage and influence a range of key stakeholders to embed a mature safety culture
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety, and/or Environment (Preferred) or a related field
- expert knowledge of Australian HSE legislative frameworks
- demonstrable working knowledge of incident investigation methodologies including the development of remedial actions
- demonstrable working knowledge of assurance programs including audits
- sound knowledge of industrial legislation and application
- knowledge of change leadership and effective ways to embed change
About Us and our culture:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 22 Feb 2023, 1:04 AM