At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 50,500 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a BIM Coordinator / experienced Digital Lead / Technicians to join our Sydney Bridges, Maritime and Structures team.
The BIM Coordinator will be responsible for model review, federation, coordination and issues resolution in the project federated model.
Main Responsibilities includes:
- Working to BIM standards and project strategy, requirements and codes of practice (BS1192-A2-2016, PAS1192-2, ISO19650 etc.);
- Federating and managing the PIM
- Running and reporting coordination checks
- Make proposals for any design adjustments to be made, and discussing and consulting with the relevant members of the team.
- Guide a project team through the DE process and provide ad hoc assistance to the wider practice when required
- Facilitating design coordination meetings with the PIM and tracking issues resolution activities
- Creating succinct and legible models for client delivery
- Encourage broader team use of federated models for issue resolution
- Encourage clash avoidance during design using WIP models
Experience, Capabilities & Competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in multidisciplinary design, drafting or engineering and DE in Transport Infrastructure
- Advanced Revit Structures skills including template and family creation
- Good knowledge of Civil Structures including Bridges, retaining walls etc
- Advanced knowledge of BIM360 setup, management and facilitation
- Excellent knowledge of Navisworks Manage and model federation
- An ability to apply their design and or engineering experience to the models they produce
- High level communication skills
- Working Knowledge of national codes and classification schemes and how they apply to DE delivery
Benefits at WSP:
- As a people focused business, we really focus on work/life balance and helping you built a stable career.
- You'll be able to purchase extra leave to facilitate your dreams or obligations.
- You will have a Personalised career growth and training through our Award-winning Learning & Development team
- You will be able to drive you own career and your own success using our THRIVE Portal.
- We also offer a suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- WSP is an organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
At WSP you'll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through structured technical/management training, global and local practice networks and wellbeing programs.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.