WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors, environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Resources (including Mining and Industry), Water, Power and Environmental solutions, as well as provide project and program delivery and strategic advisory. With approximately 50,000 talented people globally, including 5,500 in 50 offices across Australia and New Zealand alone, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
If you wish know to whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website: www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage an Associate to Associate Director to join our Victorian team.
Our Building Structures group are a specialist team renowned for their innovation in structural engineering and cutting-edge BIM project execution across high-rise and complex building structures and infrastructure projects, with offices right across Australia in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide and Darwin. We operate as a highly autonomous and genuinely national team. The ability to grow and develop as a Building Structures team member at WSP are unparalleled in the market. We offer the opportunity to contribute to local and national buildings projects, plus the ability to expand your design skills across other market sectors.
The successful candidate for this pivotal role will have a range of responsibilities and accountabilities including, but not limited to the following.
- Ensuring timely and quality of delivery for project and structural engineering work in support of relevant technical and regulatory standards;
- Ascertaining specifications and evolving client requirements;
- Proactively determining, managing, monitoring and controlling scope of works;
- Project managing work across the design, delivery and tender phases for multi-year/packaged work for turnkey projects;
- Managing effective stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally;
- Managing schedules and budgets for design delivery;
- Mentoring, training and developing the careers of direct and in-direct reports in the team, ranging from junior engineers to package leaders;
- Embodying enthusiasm to work as part of a collaborative, national team within a multidisciplinary design setting, and;
- Willingness to be based at and work from site offices and centralised home office as required.
What we'll love about you
- Chartered status with Engineers Australia;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil or Structural Engineering);
- High-level specialist expertise in building structures engineering and design documentation;
- 10 to 15+ years’ experience on large Australian projects across a range of sectors, e.g. commercial, defence, health and education;
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience on major rail transport infrastructure projects;
- Track record of delivering quality outcomes for building and rail transport infrastructure projects;
- Strong project leadership skills, including managing structural package leaders and subordinates on turnkey projects;
- Adept in cross-discipline project delivery and an effective collaborator with all key engineering disciplines;
- Sound client facing, communication and effective relationship management skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of MTM review and approval procedures;
- Well versed with tendering requirements and ensuring successful outcomes;
- Understanding of BIM, NavisWorks and Revit Structure would be highly desirable and advantageous, and;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home;
- Global mobility;
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave;
- Corporate employee discounts and offers;
- Salary continuance insurance;
- Wellness at work and social club;
- Workplace giving/volunteering;
- Employee reward and recognition program, and;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
Inspired by diversity, driven by inclusion
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.