WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,500 talented people across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.
Following a significant project win, we have created several new roles for Community Relations Consultants.
Based in our Sydney office, you will deliver best-practice stakeholder and community engagement and strategic communications. You will strive to become a thought-leader and deliver high quality, innovative solutions with a focus on helping your clients deliver sustainable, positive social changes within their local communities.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career, continue to grow and refine your skills and increase your scope of responsibilities, read on…
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and implementing communications strategies and plans
- Developing communications materials, written and verbal, for a wide range purposes and audiences – e.g. newsletters, factsheets, advertisements, flyers, display boards, notifications, social copy, web copy, and presentations
- Leading community consultation activities, including in-person engagement with property owners, community members, and industry groups
- Acting as the relationship manager for high-priority community stakeholders
- Responding to complaints and enquires received from community stakeholders
- Analysing material, drafting and editing reports
- Preparing demographic and stakeholder analyses
- Input and analysis of electronic databases for stakeholder analysis
- Project support including data entry and other administrative tasks
You will work on major city-changing infrastructure projects across NSW, such as:
- Western Sydney Airport
- Western Sydney Parklands
- Moorebank Intermodal Terminal
- M6 Motorway
- Sydney CBD Light Rail
- Randwick Hospital Redevelopment
- Northern Beaches B-Line
- NSW Bushfire Clean-up Program
- School Infrastructure NSW
What we'll love about you
You are a self-starter and enjoy partnering with the community, government agencies, councils and the private sector to achieve positive outcomes for the local communities and stakeholders.
In addition, you will bring:
- 2-10 years’ experience in, Community Engagement, Community Relations, Communications, Public Relations or related
- Familiarity with communication tools such as communication plans, fact sheets and social media
- Outstanding writing skills (you love to write)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (you can work with anyone)
- A talent for listening and communicating with people to help resolve complex problems
- Experience in digital engagement, or willingness to learn
- An understanding of the Australian government landscape
- A positive outlook and a collaborative approach
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities