With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to ongoing growth and success in the market, an opportunity has become available for Utilities Engineers within our Transport business in Melbourne. It is a great opportunity for a high performer to step into a technical leadership role on Major Transport Projects in Victoria. We are inviting interest for several roles that will be tailored to the candidates and are likely to include:
· Associate Engineer – Utilities (10+ years of experience)
· Senior Engineer – Utilities (6 to 10 years of experience).
You will have
· Bachelor or Masters’ level degree in Engineering (four year degree)
· Proven recent Australian experience in leading the Utilities investigation, design, and management for major transport projects
· CPEng or equivalent industry recognition will be an advantage
· Rail Industry Worker accreditation is desirable
· Detailed understanding and experience of managing the utilities scope for major transport projects, including investigation, stakeholder management, and design management
· A desire to develop skills and use Digital Engineering tools for the modelling and management of utility models
Your responsibilities will include:
· Lead the investigation, survey, and proving of existing utility services
· Lead the stakeholder engagement with both utility authorities and project stakeholders (design and construction)
· Engage and manage internal or subconsultant design teams for the design of utility relocation or protection measures
· Lead the inter-disciplinary coordination working with all design disciplines to uncover and address all utility impacts from works
· Oversee the development of utility models (both in 2D and 3D), and drawing sets for use by design teams and presentation to stakeholders
· Lead the preparation of documentation and reporting of utilities – existing and proposed
· Assist in developing less experienced engineers in a collaborative team environment.
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement. Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
· Flexible working hours and working from home as part of the WSP culture
· Global mobility
· Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave
· Corporate employee discounts and offers
· Salary continuance insurance
· Wellness at work and social club
· Workplace giving /volunteering
· Employee reward and recognition program
· Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.