· Hybrid working role
· Fabulous career opportunities
· Caring and supportive environment
Senior Primary Assets Engineer
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
At Jemena, we are focused on enabling our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options such as, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, and is key to the foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
Here's an overview of our role:
- Coordinate the asset replacement and maintenance programs and associated investment required to meet agreed performance levels
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and implementation of strategies, policies and standards as they relate to zone substation primary electricity assets
- Contribute to the maintenance of asset engineering systems required to ensure a reliable, stable network for all customers and all connection types
- Support the Network Assets team to grow their competencies
Your role will cover the following:
The purpose of the Primary Asset Engineer is to :
- Develop and maintain Asset Class Strategies, specifications, and Life Cycle Management Plans that deliver the required levels of reliability and performance of the primary and secondary electricity network assets
- Develop and maintain asset Technical Standards and Policies for maintenance and operations to maximise the value extracted from the asset
- Determine equipment / station ratings and utilisation to optimise network utilisation and performance
- Develop and manage asset maintenance plans (inspection regimes, preventative maintenance plans, etc) in applicable systems
- Monitor the condition and performance of primary assets
- Manage the identification of needs for new Project through systematic network risk assessment
- Develop, scope of works and business cases for asset replacement projects
- Conduct evaluations of new network technologies to drive improved network performance
- Introduce new technologies and processes to zone substation assets
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, industry and safety requirements in the design, application and management of electrical assets
- Provide technical direction, advice and support to the Asset Engineering team on engineering issues
- Mentor and support team to develop their technical competencies
A little about you:
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer Accreditation is desirable
- Extensive experience ideally within the electrical supply industry
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Detailed understanding of the future evolution of electricity network functions and advancements in technology
- Market knowledge of external stakeholders in the secondary asset sector
- Demonstrated secondary systems knowledge
- Project management skills
- Experience in risk assessment & management techniques
- Ability to write clearly and concisely to produce professional Board papers, business cases and reports
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.