At Jemena, we are focused on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Gas Transmission and Process Operations professional to join our Gas Markets Control Room in a 14 month fixed term contract (parental leave cover).
Reporting to the Control Room Team Leader, this role provides services that are designed to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient delivery of gas in accordance with the Asset Owners contractual obligations and will include control, operation and monitoring of high pressure natural gas pipelines and gas treatment/processing assets.
In this role, you will have experience working with SCADA systems used for monitoring or control of process equipment and will have the ability to work independently, undertake shift work and be able to cope with emergency situations.
If successful, you will be required to undertake a period of training where you will work Monday to Friday office hours. Once training is complete, you will commence shiftwork consisting of 7 rotations of the following roster and support on-call arrangements;
- 2 days (5:30am – 6pm)
- 2 nights (5:30pm – 6am)
- 6 days off
After 7 rotations you will complete the following before going back on shift;
- 2 weeks day shift, Monday – Friday, 50 hours.
- Control room shift coverage and/or support (when requested)
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will come from a control, technical or engineering background ideally with experience working with processing facilities or gas transmission pipelines. You will have an understanding of technical drawings, reports, manuals and procedures and potentially come from a technical role specialising in instrumentation or mechanical.
You will bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in technical discipline, or a related field (preferred),
- Experience working in a progressive, fast paced, and commercially oriented organisation,
- Highly organised and disciplined,
- Strong operating knowledge of processing facilities and technologies e.g. natural gas processing; industrial gases; petrochemical processing and refining; cryogenic industrial processes; or similar (preferred),
- Experience with operating and/or maintaining rotating equipment (and associated infrastructure) (preferred),
- Ability to communicate at a high level with field operations staff; control room support personnel and commercial teams and to maintain the integrity and operation of Jemena’s asset(s),
- Highly developed verbal, interpersonal and communication skills,
- Collaborative by nature and can successfully engage and influence key stakeholders.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.