- Sydney or Melbourne based with the option to work flexibly
- Become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team
- Originate and drive sales pipeline growth
At Ovida, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
About the role:
Reporting to our New Markets & Innovation Manager, the Business Development Manager will be accountable for the identification, origination, development and delivery of new energy market opportunities aligned to Ovida’s growth strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek out, develop and maintain relationships with prospective customers and channel partners; establish and understand current and future opportunities in preferred segments and geographies.
- Identify and promote growth opportunities (territory, new business, new strategic relationships & product evolution) for the long-term growth of the business;
- Develop and present business plans on opportunities for assessment through internal approval processes;
- Manage any approved external spend and internal resources allocated to an approved opportunity, ensuring adherence to budget;
- Drive and execute verified contracted sales, as required to support delivery of Ovida’s strategy and budget;
- Provide regular updates on opportunities to the Leadership Team
- Be visionary within the industry and be able to identify key trends and commercial opportunities within it;
Our ideal candidate will have:
With experience working in a similar role (ideally in the energy/utilities sector), you will also be tertiary qualified in Business, Engineering or related discipline and come with a proven track record in delivering solution based sales.
You will have demonstrated experience in delivering complex contracts >$5m in value and have the ability to work directly with customers and industry management.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work competently across multiple technologies and business structures, you will also be able to demonstrate your ability to think strategically, be outcome orientated and have the drive to deliver under pressure.
Ovida is owned and backed by one of Australia’s largest energy infrastructure owner-operators, SGSP (Australia), who are entrusted with the management of essential services for over 1.7 million customers across Australia. Ovida’s role is to take advantage of the changing energy landscape and contribute to SGSP’s Growth Strategy by focusing on delivering customer value through innovative energy solutions in the unregulated electricity market.
When you join Ovida, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!!
As part of Ovida’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Ovida does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.