- Job no: 647538
- Category: Procurement, Accounting and Finance
- An outstanding opportunity to develop and implement streamlining processes for the Accounts Payable function
- Oversee the full end-to-end Accounts Payable function for a large well-established team
- Supportive team environment with exceptional company culture
Req ID: 647538
Personnel Area: Organisational Services
Branch: Support Services Centre
Salary Range: Band 7 AUD $116,748 - $127,920 plus superannuation
Work Type: Temporary Fixed-term contract (until January 2024)
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of the end-to-end Accounts Payable function within the Brisbane City Council. Encompassing a strong focus on customer service, streamlining processes, risk management, cost-effectiveness, and internal controls.
The Accounts Payable function within Council consists of 22 long-standing and well-established team members. This pivotal position requires someone to develop, implement, and monitor performance indicators as well provide technical expertise to improve the overall performance of the Accounts Payable function.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- manage the full end-to-end accounts payable function ensuring effective communication and collaboration
- ability to think strategically and implement initiatives that deliver business outcomes
- role model a customer-centric approach, working together to resolve issues and promote a team culture that reflects commercial awareness
- ensure the accounts payable function is processed in an accurate and timely manner that is in accordance with council’s corporate procurement and payment policies
- model and lead performance excellence and values-based culture in line with council’s leadership blueprint
- provide expert advice to assist with streamlining processors
- deliver progress and reports on key projects, ensure effective risk management, resource utilization, staffing management, and be able to discuss delivery of agreed outcomes.
To be successful you will have:
- demonstrated technical knowledge managing an Accounts Payable team that processes high volumes of data within a large organisation
- previous experience leading and implementing processes to drive improvements within the Accounts Payable functions
- solution focused and agile with the drive to facilitate outcomes
- clear communication is essential, excellent written and verbal skills
- demonstrated knowledge using SAP would be advantageous but not required.
Benefits of working for the Council include:
- working for a company that promotes zero harm
- free gym and wellness centre
- discounted health insurance.
For more information about the benefits of working for council please CLICK HERE
How to apply: Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet this role's requirements.
Note: This role requires a Criminal History Check for preferred candidates.
For more information: Reach out to Melissa Attard on 07 3032 2291
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 March 2023 at 11:55pm AEST
Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace where our people represent the diverse communities we serve, are supported, and can feel safe. Council has been awarded Employer of the Year at the National Disability Awards and has been recognised multiple times with ‘Gold Employer’ status from the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
- Closes in 4 days - 28 Mar 2023
- Published on 14 Mar 2023, 9:29 AM