Editor - The Cusp @Junkee Media
Junkee Media launched four years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here is why we need you…
Due to ongoing business transformation and growth we're on the hunt for a talented Editor to join our Publishing Team and be responsible for writing daily news and features whilst managing an in-house staff writer and team of enthusiastic freelance contributors in commissioning features and editing for The Cusp.
The Cusp is a collaboration between Junkee Media and Westpac, where you can hear from people who have been there before and made mistakes, with real world advice and inspirational stories from successful young Australians empowering you to do that little bit better at managing finances, your career and health.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring travel content in The Cusp’s tone of voice
- Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via The Cusp’s CMS
- Set and execute functional content calendars
- Manage an in-house staff writer and team of freelance contributors
- Social pushes and image selection
- Represent The Cusp at all levels in front of audience and client
- Editorial reporting and budget tracking
Here's what you'll look like...
- 3+ years experience working in an editorial position with a young Australian take on managing life challenges - particularly spanning finances, career and health/ wellbeing
- Be comfortable and experienced working within an agile agency style environment
- Deadline focused with a strong eye for detail and execution finesse
- Demonstrate a keen interest in both Junkee & The Cusp
- Passion for and interest in local and international travel, new technologies and communications platforms
- Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
- Experience managing people, time and budgets
- Excellent communication skills and be able to manage key stakeholder expectations effectively
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
- Degree qualified in Media and Communication, Arts or English preferred
If you’re curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we’re ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn’t the right role for you, we’d love for you to be part of our Talent Community so you can be the first in line to be considered when a new opportunity comes up.