- Job no: RP79Y
WSP is a partner in the Logan Water Partnership. We provide environmental assessment, planning and engineering design services to the Partnership. The Partnership office is in Beenleigh, Queensland.
WSP has an opportunity for a confident and experienced environmental management professional to join the team. You will join a project-specific team that is dedicated to the environmentally responsible, safe, effective and efficient delivery of water infrastructure projects in the city of Logan. You will work with other environmental professionals and town planners, as well as engineers and construction teams to achieve this goal.
In this position, amongst other things, you will ensure the Logan Water Partnership complies with all its environmental commitments throughout the life of a project (planning, development, delivery and commissioning). You will also prepare environmental management plans, environmental approvals applications and conduct environmental audits of construction sites. You will bring your experience managing environmental performance on construction sites.
What we'll love about you
You have experience as a Senior Environmental Advisor. You are looking to take the next step in your career, to take on increased responsibility and work on complex and diverse water infrastructure projects. You have a passion to see projects through from concept, planning, design and ultimately to construction.
You will enjoy working with people, with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. You will contribute to the team through your work, knowledge and leadership.
We specifically seek a self-starter with:
- formal qualifications and industry affiliation in environmental management, environmental assessment, environmental science
- environmental management of construction sites experience, including preparing and review of construction environmental plans
- demonstrated understanding of Queensland environmental assessment, approvals and management framework
- knowledge of environmental legislation applicable to the water, waste and construction sectors
- experience working with project design engineers and construction contractors in the delivery of environmentally responsible projects
- project management or project coordination experience, particularly with the management of environmental impacts resulting from project design and construction
- ability to distil complex information, think strategically and translate thinking into practical solutions
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- outstanding writing skills, with experience preparing reports, plans and proposals, with attention to detail
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,000 talented people across 14 offices in Australia. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions and engineer Future ReadyTM projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. wsp.com/au
Our vibrant workplace culture is an important part of what makes this a great place to work. As a member of WSP, you will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to our social and community initiatives while collaborating with your colleagues to make a positive impact on people’s lives. You will also enjoy the rewarding experience of mentoring younger professionals and seeing them succeed and progress in their careers over time.
WSP prioritises the health and well-being of our people by offering flexible working, 12 months of parental leave, purchased additional leave, Corporate employee discounts and offers, Salary continuance insurance, Wellness at work and social club along with Professional and technical development opportunities designed to help you thrive.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. We promote Indigenous voices and are actively delivering a ‘Stretch’ level Reconciliation Action Plan. We are a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, support the LGBTQI+ community, and encourage all employees to bring their whole selves to work.
Think this could be the opportunity for you? Apply now to begin your journey with WSP.
- Published on 08 Jun 2023, 1:49 AM