With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 4,500 talented people based in more than 49 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Our NSW Resources division is currently expanding and as a result they are looking for a Junior to Mid-Level Electrical Engineer to join them. This position will focus on Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls design as well as project management across multiple disciplines.
This position allows the ability to work from our Newcastle office.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for electrical engineering design and undertakings on client sites in accordance with Australian Standards, relevant regulatory acts of legislation and best practice.
- Drive electrical performance on projects ensuring equipment reliability and minimizing downtime without compromising safety.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs of electrical and instrumentation engineering projects and ensure work complies with conditions and parameters set out in project scope of works.
- Prepare documentation for standards, procedures, safe working practices and monitoring regimes in respect of work on or around electrical and instrumentation engineering projects.
- Developing site investigation and inspection programmes and cost estimates.
- Comply with all role specific SHEQ obligations.
- Lead and foster a good safety culture to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff within the team.
- Foster an engaged and high performing workforce, with a focus on mentoring, training and development.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate governance, business system, quality and risk management obligations.
- Achieve strategic initiative outcomes.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications – e.g. degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Typically, 2-5 years’ experience with EIC design and project management.
- Exposure within the Resources and/or Water specialties highly regarded.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary design team, or in a design role for a contractor or asset owner.
- Ideally, hold experience using PowerCAD and SKM PTW.
What we will offer you:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.