With approximately 50,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
To find out more about working at WSP, our culture and values, please visit our website www.wsp.com.
With the acquisition of Elton Consulting we have significantly increased our urban and regional planning, strategy and policy, community/stakeholder engagement and social sustainability services, thus providing greater in-house career and learning opportunities. To further support our growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Urban, Regional & Town Planner to join our Sydney team. (flexibility on location, we'll consider someone based anywhere in NSW)
This is a senior role that will support the continuous growth and diversification of the practice. You will manage large and small planning projects and teams, foster strong client relationships, play a significant part in work winning initiatives, and have a desire to further build your brand/market eminence in the NSW market.
You will work with a range of stakeholders, including master planners, urban designers, infrastructure engineers, government officials, and the public, to create optimal solutions to develop our cities and regional areas.
You have a strong understanding of the built environment and the economic, social, and political factors that can influence the planning process. This knowledge will enable you to provide services in land use planning, due diligence assessments, strategic and statutory planning, master planning and development assessment process as well as drafting submissions, proposals and giving advice to clients.
Some of the key projects we’ve recently been involved in:
- Local Housing Strategies - research, analysis and development of the evidence and local housing strategies for three councils in NSW
- Googong development applications and subdivision - planning assessment, strategic and statutory planning advice and statement of environmental effects planning report to support development at Googong
- Moree SAP – strategic planning advice, and drafting of the planning controls for the draft Moree Special Activation Precinct.
- Rezoning, development control plan and development applications for surplus rail corridor lands to support the Newcastle revitilisation
- DA and Clause 4.6 variation request for redevelopment of a site in the Gordon Town Centre to accommodate new development
What we'll love about you
You have deep and diverse experience and a passion for working with councils, NSW government agencies and the private sector to deliver policy directions, strategies and plans that maintain and create liveable urban and regional communities.
In addition, you will bring:
- Thorough understanding of planning legislation, policy, and reform directions in NSW
- Previous experience in leading multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to distil complex information, think strategically and translate that thinking into practical solutions
- Outstanding writing skills, with substantial experience preparing policies, strategies, plans and reports
- A passion for planning issues and desire to help shape outcomes in urban and regional areas
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.