- Job no: M4NXF
Join our team of intelligent and collaborative Changemakers and make your mark on tomorrow! In this role, you’ll work with Jason Lloyd - Regional Executive WA for the Roads, Aviation & Civil Team as a Senior Drainage Engineer.
You will collaborate with talented and diverse professionals working on iconic projects to drive future ready outcomes that will benefit clients and communities.
Transport & Infrastructure
Our Transport and Infrastructure team leverages the latest technology and a culture of innovation across the planning, design, and management disciplines to deliver connectivity, mobility, and resiliency to Australian communities.
Our recent projects include:
- Causeway Link Alliance
- Armadale Line Upgrade Alliance
- S2M Evolution Alliance
- Intelligent Freeways Alliance
- Fremantle Bridges Alliance
- H2H Alliance
- ETS Panel
- Westport Supply Chain Integrated Design (SCID)
What you’ll do:
- Undertake surface water drainage and cross drainage design for roads, rail and civil projects
- Undertake design, and model water quality measures for roads and civil projects
- Liaise with drafters for the production of the design drawings and undertake design in accordance with WA Main Roads Digital Engineering requirements
- Prepare drainage design reports to a high standard
- Assist in developing less experienced engineers in a collaborative team environment and have experience in client interaction and the ability to lead drainage design elements suitable for your role on transport infrastructure projects to budget, time and client expectations
- Work in an enthusiastic, positive and high performing team which strives for technical excellence, quality and innovation in delivering safe and sustainable solutions
- Bachelor or Masters’ level degree in Civil Engineering (four year degree)
- Proven recent experience within road, rail and drainage projects, preferably in Australia, but not essential; with a good knowledge of applying Safety in Design Principles
- CPEng or equivalent industry recognition will be an advantage, role dependent
- You will have a good understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic modelling packages used in the design of road drainage, cross drainage and flood analysis, and ancillary drainage items such as scour protection and water quality control
- Proficiency in 12D for drainage design and analysis, is highly desirable, and experience in packages such as DRAINS, XPRafts, HECRAS, MUSIC, TuFlow would be advantageous
- Experience in undertaking water quality measures for roads and civil projects; experience in Water Quality Assessment and authoring EIS/REF Technical Working Papers is desirable
- Understanding and application of ARR 2019 guidelines
- Working knowledge of TfNSW Digital Engineering requirements, use of Civils 3D dynamo and/or 12D macros and python coding is advantageous
- Worked previously in a consulting environment, in a collaborative and communicative manner
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,000 talented people across 14 offices in Australia. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions and engineer Future ReadyTM projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. wsp.com/au
Our vibrant workplace culture is an important part of what makes this a great place to work. It is supported by our Guiding Principles:
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP prioritises the health and wellbeing of our people by offering flexible working, 12 months parental leave, opportunities for global mobility, purchased additional leave, and competitive remuneration among many more benefits designed to help you shine. We are committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and equal opportunity workplace. We promote Indigenous voices and are actively delivering a ‘Stretch’ level Reconciliation Action Plan. Accredited by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice, we also support the LGBTQI+ community, and encourage all employees to bring their whole selves to work.
Think this could be the opportunity for you? Apply now to begin your journey with WSP.