With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage a Senior Signalling Engineer to join the Rail team, in Sydney.
As part of WSP’s signalling team, you will provide technical expertise in both the conventional and digital signalling space. You will work with highly driven, like-minded professionals who are committed to delivering the very best solutions to our clients and the community. With rail expertise, project management and client focus you will be responsible for identifying and delivering pursuits, understanding commercials, design and delivery of multifaceted rail projects.
- Have a proven track record of delivering large detailed design multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects on time and to budget
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for conventional signalling and/or automated train control systems (such as ETCS and CBTC)
- Review or verify and interpret engineering drawings and reports and provide technical input into a diverse range of projects and ensure that work produced complies with quality system and client requirements
- Client and delivery focused and provide experienced backed advice to our clients
- Manage the design delivery for projects inside the team
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing and learning opportunities including a focus on emerging technologies and Digital Engineering
- Develop and expand client networks
- Actively assist colleagues in achieving improved client feedback results, enhance satisfaction and exceed client expectations
- Display a sound understanding of commercial principles
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work for one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world along with a supported career path for a very successful future.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating.
What we'll love about you
This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritise their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders including influencing senior leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent
- Typically, 5 to 15 years’ relevant experience
- Extensive and demonstratable knowledge of design software to a high level
- Experience with TfNSW and ARTC would be great, but happy to consider people wishing to relocate interstate
- Working towards Chartered status CPENG & RPEQ viewed favourably
- Developing experience in managing small teams and supervising graduates
- Contributed to building the technical capability of others and transferring technical expertise
- Demonstrated competence in providing key technical expertise across a broad range of high profile projects
- Demonstrated multiple instances of delivering best client outcomes/options which have saved the client costs/time
- Competent in monitoring and managing the scope of multiple projects of varying complexity and size
- Competent in managing risk on substantial rail projects
- Able to draw upon previous project experience to generate alternate solutions, conduct analysis of options and determine best outcomes
What we will offer you:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.