With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We are project management professionals, technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Projected growth of WSP in servicing our Transport Infrastructure market in NSW means we are seeking to expand our Major Projects Team in Sydney and looking to recruit a Major Projects Executive (MPE).
The Major Projects Executive (MPE) is the key point of contact and manager for the WSP engagement on major transport projects. The MPE is accountable to plan, develop and lead efficient and effective Major Projects in the Australia Transport Major Projects business whilst achieving and exceeding Client desired levels of service and creating opportunities for WSP staff.
The MPE plays key role in client relationships, work winning and pursuit/proposal management for future business opportunities.
Ideal capabilities for this role include:
- Professional Engineering qualification or equivalent with minimum 15+ years’ experience
- Experience in the leadership and delivery of major projects, preferably including design management
- Commercial acumen to understand project performance and optimise financial outcomes
- Experience with design consultancy processes for pursuing bids, writing successful proposals and contributing to strategic business initiatives.
As WSP Major Projects Executive you will be expected to:
- Provide high-quality technical vision, innovation and leadership to deliver quality product to meet key transport client expectations.
- Support the growth and development of the sales and business development opportunities in the local NSW Transport market.
· Be accountable for the commercial, quality and WHS outcomes on the project.
- Be accountable for business and project delivery including the implementation of appropriate project and risk management procedures.
- Promote WSP values and ensure a safe working environment is maintained.
- Partner and collaborate with Transport Client Directors and other business units to drive and deliver business and project outcomes.
What we will offer you:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- As a people focused business, we really focus on work/life balance and helping you built a stable career.
- You'll be able to purchase extra leave to facilitate your dreams or obligations.
- You will have a Personalised career growth and training through our Award-winning Learning & Development team
- You will be able to drive you own career and your own success using our THRIVE Portal.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
Join us in our Future Ready approach by doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
WSP has announced ambitious global climate action through a commitment to achieve net zero emissions across its value chain by 2040 – which will also benefit Australia. We are a Tier 1 professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button or for more information please contact Marie Victor on 0292 725 404.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.