We are currently looking to engage a design-to-project level Structural Engineer to join our Building Structures group in our Brisbane office.
Inspired by diversity, driven by inclusion:
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We value your employee experience:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible/family-friendly working hours and working from home;
- Global mobility;
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave;
- Corporate employee discounts and offers;
- Salary continuance insurance;
- Wellness at work and social club;
- Workplace giving/volunteering;
- Employee reward and recognition program, and;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
Your new colleagues:
Our Building Structures group are a specialist team renowned for their innovation in structural engineering and cutting-edge BIM project execution across high-rise and complex building structures and infrastructure projects, with offices right across Australia in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide and Darwin. We operate as a highly autonomous and genuinely national team. The ability to grow and develop as a Building Structures team member at WSP are unparalleled in the market. We offer the opportunity to contribute to local and national buildings projects, plus the ability to expand your design skills across other market sectors.
- Supporting timely and quality of delivery for project and structural engineering work in support of relevant technical and regulatory standards;
- Establishing effective stakeholder relationships, both internally, and externally including clients, architects and builders;
- Supporting and guiding junior engineers with technical matters, and;
- Embodying enthusiasm to work as part of a collaborative, national team within a multidisciplinary design setting.
- Bachelor to Master level degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural Engineering);
- Circa 3 to 6+ years’ experience on medium/large Australian building structures engineering projects, e.g. commercial, retail, defence, health and education;
- Capacity to manage small-scale projects autonomously and deliver medium/large-scale projects as part of a team;
- Strong steel and post-tensioned (PT) design and inspections skills;
- Moderate-to-high level of proficiency with such as RAM and RAPT as key engineering software packages;
- Track record of collaborating effectively with other engineering disciplines on projects;
- Well versed in liaising effectively with external stakeholders;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and;
- Understanding of BIM, NavisWorks and Revit Structure would be beneficial, but not essential.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 54,000 talented people globally, including 6,100 based across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions, and future ready engineering projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. www.wsp.com/en-au/
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.