- Job no: AP7BB
- Opportunity to be mentored by industry leaders
- Join a great team
- Work on amazing projects
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 4,500 talented people across 14 offices in Australia. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions and engineer Future ReadyTM projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. wsp.com/au
Due to growth, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a GIS Consultant to join our team based in our Melbourne or Brisbane offices. We would also be interested in speaking with individuals who would like to join our other offices nationally.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare technical reports and GIS related outputs eg. mapping, analysis, data management, scripts.
- Project manage small projects or discrete work packages.
- Identify project scope, time, quality and cost requirements.
- Monitor and manage project quality and risk.
- Assist in managing project communications and project integration. Assist in preparing, costing and coordinating proposals.
What we’ll love about you:
- Bachelor’s Degree (GIS) or equivalent.
- Typically 2-5 years’ experience.
- Ability to undertake key technical tasks independently across a broad range of small to medium projects.
- Ability to implement analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and GIS related outputs e.g. web/desktop mapping, analysis, data management, scripts.
- Ability to prepare proposals on small to medium projects.
- Experience in using a range of GIS industry software. Eg ESRI, FME.
- Experience with AutoDesk Suite, e.g. Civil 3D (advantageous not essential)
What you'll love about us
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Abor
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.