- Job no: 7E63B
- We would also consider individuals located anywhere within Australia to work remotely from home
- Flexible working conditions
- Work on great projects
WSP Digital is a part of a global team of innovators that use digital technologies to realise our customer’s needs through projects in varied industries and locations. We provide integrated services in website and application design, user experience, systems architecture, solutions architecture, website development, system integration, testing, maintenance and hosting
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,500 talented people across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions, engineering projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. www.wsp.com
Following a number of project wins, we are looking to hire a User-focused Business Analyst to join any of our offices nationally. We would also consider individuals located anywhere within Australia to work remotely from home.
You will liaise with clients to gain a thorough understanding of the project requirements and the needs of their end users. You will document and translate project scopes, take ownership for quality control and technical excellence, identify innovation opportunities and ensure the technical teams are empowered to deliver projects to timelines and budget.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on major projects across Australia and globally, and positively impact the lives of the communities using infrastructure. You will also have the chance to work with some of the brightest subject matter experts in the fields of engineering, climate change and resilience, planning and more.
What will you be doing?
- Elicit and facilitate the gathering of complex business requirements from various key stakeholders via workshops, interviews or other contact methods.
- Analyse, model and document business requirements (e.g. confirm functional and non-functional requirements, support clients in defining business requirements and functional design, business process modelling, etc.)
- Work as an intermediary between our software development team and our clients to ensure a shared vision of our projects
- Perform business analysis activities during all phases of the system development lifecycle (incl. design, development, testing and implementation)
- Develop detailed functional and user experience test scenarios
- Project manage your own workflow to achieve exceptional outcomes on time/budget
- Drive yourself to learn and grow, so we can achieve our goals as a business and create an abundance of opportunities
Some of the key projects we’ve recently completed:
- Sydney Water – in response to high volume breakdown maintenance activities, we designed and implemented a new approach to planning and scheduling mechanical and electrical asset maintenance
- Energy Rating – we built a website that facilitates the evaluation and issuing of energy ratings for electrical appliances for sale in Australia and New Zealand
- Telstra Digital Workflow – we developed an online forms service that allows NSW Family and Community Services (FACS) applicants to fill out, submit and manage applications; and responsible parties to be notified and contribute to the application workflow
What we'll love about you
You have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst, ideally gained in a consulting/advisory environment.
You will also bring:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of empathy and an ability to walk in your clients’ shoes
- Ability to create technical specs, identify business needs, elicit requirements and map out processes
- A logical approach to organising detailed and complex systems
- Experience managing multiple clients and projects
- A positive can-do attitude and passion for learning
- Knowledge of different project management methodologies (Waterfall (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) and Agile (e.g. Scrum)
- Formal education in a STEM or Communication driven field
What you'll love about us
WSP prioritises the health and wellbeing of our people by offering flexible working, 12 months parental leave, opportunities for global mobility, purchased additional leave, and a competitive salary among many more benefits designed to help you thrive.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We promote Indigenous voices and are actively delivering a ‘Stretch’ level Reconciliation Action Plan. We are a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, support the LQBTQI+ community, and encourage all employees to bring their whole selves to work.