- Job no: 3K8R7
- Flexible working hours, supportive working from home environment
- Can be based anywhere across Australia
- Work in a great team
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects
WSP Digital is a global team of innovators that use digital technologies to enhance our customer’s engineering, infrastructure, building, and environmental projects. We provide integrated services in website and mobile applications design, user experience, systems architecture, solutions architecture, website development, mobile applications development, testing, maintenance and hosting.
Following a major project win, we are looking to hire a Project Manager to join our team based anywhere across Australia.
You will lead and manage several small to medium sized software development projects, ensuring work is delivered on time and on budget. These projects will be a combination of new projects and enhancements to existing solutions that have already been delivered or developed. You will be organised and able to keep documentation and tasks in order, as well as able to direct staff to get work completed on time.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on major projects across Australia and globally, and positively impact the lives of the communities using infrastructure. You will also have the chance to work with some of the brightest subject matter experts in the fields of engineering, climate change and resilience, planning and more.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and manage several small to medium sized projects with existing clients to completion.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with clients, business analysts and developers alike.
- Organise and write proposals and quotes for existing and new clients.
- Organise and run meetings and workshops as required, ensuring meeting notes and actions are taken and distributed.
- Liaise with the Digital support team to ensure existing clients get the best care and support.
- Elicit and document requirements from clients as needed.
- Undertake business analysis on new initiatives and projects as needed.
- Testing software before it is released to the client.
- Managing test and production deployments.
Some of the key projects we’ve recently completed:
- Sydney Water – in response to high volume breakdown maintenance activities, we designed and implemented a new approach to planning and scheduling mechanical and electrical asset maintenance
- Energy Rating – we built a website that facilitates the evaluation and issuing of energy ratings for electrical appliances for sale in Australia and New Zealand
- Telstra Digital Workflow – we developed an online forms service that allows NSW Family and Community Services (FACS) applicants to fill out, submit and manage applications; and responsible parties to be notified and contribute to the application workflow
What we'll love about you
Ideally you have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Digital Project Management or Business Analyst capacity, ideally gained in a consulting/advisory environment.
You will also bring:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of empathy and an ability to walk in your clients’ shoes
- Ability to use Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Organised, efficient and pragmatic.
- A logical approach to organising detailed and complex systems
- Experience managing multiple clients and projects
- A positive can-do attitude and passion for learning
- Knowledge of different project management methodologies (Waterfall (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) and Agile (e.g. Scrum)
- You will role model continuous professional development and build the capability of others via mentoring/coaching and on-the-job learning opportunities.
- Formal education in a STEM or Communication driven field would be helpful.