Home to iconic retail brands including Rebel, Supercheap Auto, BCF and Macpac, Super Retail Group is transforming to become a world class omni-retailer. You will work with a team who are as passionate about their work and our products as our customers are about their own leisure interests, be it Sports, Health, Fitness, Auto or Outdoor Leisure.
We have an opportunity for a skilled and safety focused DC Team Member for our Altona Distribution Centre.
The successful candidate will be required to delivery daily operational tasks, primarily operating a high reach forklift, but also completing as required any other tasks in the distribution centre functional areas, and ensuring all tasks are completed in a safe manager within process standards and to expected performance levels.
The Distribution Centre Team Member is accountable for understanding and completing the required tasks, processes and units of measure for each functional area they operate in within the Distribution Centre, as well as the requirements of all relevant company policies and procedures in performing the work required. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that your work task and work area are always safe
- Operating a high reach forklift
- Complete tasks required for the applicable grade classification you are hired to, which may include any tasks in the inbound, outbound, transport, online, MHE or inventory areas as required
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other Team Members to support the achievement of team and DC goals
- Participate in regular training and assessment for DC tasks, ensuring that you maintain currency with the standard processes and procedures for your job area/s
You will have worked in a Distribution Centre, and have experience in most if not all functional areas including inbound, consolidation, outbound, transport, inventory, online (direct to customer) MHE or other areas. The ideal candidate will have:
- A current SafeWork High Risk license to operate a forklift
- Demonstrated experience and capability operating a high reach forklift
- 1-2 years experience in a DC, warehouse or back of house stock area
- Retail industry experience (preferred but not essential)
- Completed safety training for a warehouse or DC environment previously
- Experience using pick technology (hand scanners, voice picking units)
- Experience working with multiple product types and storage requirements
Our offer to you is a workplace supporting personal development, career growth and a collaborative team. The opportunity to work for one of Australasia’s Top 10 ASX listed retailers, generous discounts across all of our retail brands, corporate perks program and a competitive package, paid to the Super Retail Group Enterprise Agreement 2019 plus superannuation and opportunity to participate in the applicable bonus scheme.
With more than 650 stores, Super Retail Group is one of Australasia's largest and most successful retail organisations. Our supportive team culture, extensive professional development opportunities, and team benefits such as discounts across all our brands are just some of the reasons our 12,000 team members tell us Super Retail Group is a great place to work.
Interested? Please apply today!
Super Retail Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support, promote and celebrate diversity and we recognise the benefits a culture of inclusion brings to our workplace and customer experience.
Closing date subject to change