- Work from home and office (Hybrid role based in Sydney or Melbourne).
- Supportive work culture and high performing Legal team.
- Leader in Utilities industry.
About The Company
Jemena owns and operates more than $11.5 billion worth of major utility infrastructure. We have been providing safe, secure, and reliable energy to Australians for more than 100 years. Our focus is on developing innovative solutions to the energy trilemma of reliability, affordability and sustainability.
About The Role
The Lead Counsel (Regulated Networks) reports to the General Counsel & Company Secretary, and manages the provision of legal services to Jemena’s Regulated Networks (Gas Distribution and Electricity Distribution).
You will provide legal advice and strategic guidance in relation to major transactions, business growth initiatives, material litigation and strategic priority projects that are of material importance to the group, including strategically important regulatory price reset projects.
We are looking for someone who can partner with business leads to deliver strategic commercial outcomes, consistent with the Regulated Networks’ strategies and plans. Ideally you will have legal practice experience covering corporate/commercial legal advice, energy regulation and/or infrastructure projects.
- Provide leadership as a key legal point of contact for Jemena’s EGMs and GMs, primarily in the Regulated Networks division (Gas Distribution and Electricity Distribution) across a wide range of legal disciplines.
- Manage the scoping and implementation of legal initiatives and special projects, including development of group policy positions on key legal issues of relevance to the Jemena business.
- Generate submissions to external bodies in relation to legal issues of relevance to the Jemena Group, and manage major business-improvement projects.
- Prove team leadership and management support to the General Counsel & Company Secretary, including representing the General Counsel and the functional group more broadly on cross-business working groups and steering committees.
- Mentor and develop a small team of two additional lawyers.
What we’re looking for
- As the successful candidate you will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent law degree.
- Admitted (or eligible) to practice law in the applicable state of Australia.
- Ideally 10+ years PQE, practising within a successful law firm environment and/or in-house legal function, preferably within a highly regulated environment.
- Deep understanding of the Australian utilities sector & the energy regulatory framework.
- Solid understanding of Australia’s foreign investment rules and requirements will be viewed favourably.
- Experience managing and mentoring other Legal staff.
Jemena is committed to creating a workplace that’s inclusive, supportive and where everyone feels they can belong. We understand that each individual is unique and we embrace our differences.
We provide a range of employee benefits including flexible working options to help you blend your work/life balance.
We welcome candidates who are seeking the flexibility options to work from home for part of the week.
Click to Apply.
Applications will close Sunday 18th April 2021 @ 11:59pm.
- Closes in 13 hours - 18 Apr 2021
- Published on 01 Apr 2021, 4:19 AM