- Job no: HA933
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
Due to one of our team members going on maternity leave, we now have an opportunity for a Capacity Planning Engineer to join our team for 8-9 months. Reporting to the Capacity Planning Manager this is a specialist asset management role responsible for providing prudent and efficient engineering and technical services in order to support and influence the growth and operations of Jemena’s gas and water assets.
The role is responsible for delivering outcomes that ensure the continued supply of gas to Jemena's customers whilst ensuring safety, reliability, integrity and long-term value of the gas assets is maintained and congruent with the asset class strategy, impacting both the commercial and technical goals of the organisation.
This role provides technical leadership and accountability to the business and supports the line manager in ensuring engineering solutions support the asset management, operational and commercial objectives of the business.
This role is flexible with a mix of office (Northern Sydney) and homeworking. Recent graduates welcome to apply.
As the successful candidate you will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Degree in Engineering with qualifications that are recognised by Engineers Australia
- Technical experience in development of effective and efficient capacity designs, through complex modelling processes
- Exposure to main corporate functions enabling a broad understanding of the commercial and technical interactions/requirements that enable sound asset management principles in the planning and design of long-term assets
- Knowledge of the Australian energy utilities/services provider and contractor market
- Solid track record of delivering engineering and technical functions including policy, standards development, regulatory compliance and risk management
- Detailed working knowledge of complex IT modelling packages and IT systems used for collection of information for network planning purposes
- Sound interpersonal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to participate in teams across multiple sites/projects
- Demonstrated reasoning skills enabling strategic thinking, planning and execution
- High level understanding of utilities distribution and/or transmission businesses, including electricity and gas regulatory regimes
- Level of knowledge about both current and emerging utility trends from a business strategy and “best practice”
- Good experience with report writing.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Closed 7 months ago - 28 Feb 2022