Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia. Jemena supply millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
About the opportunity
Jemena has an opportunity available for a Risk and Assurance Engineer / Specialist to join the Asset Risk and Assurance team.
The position reports to the Asset Risk and Assurance Manager and provides risks and assurance knowledge, advice on asset process safety systems across electricity assets and systems.
The role is responsible for:
- Technical expertise and leadership to review and maintain asset process safety through electricity safety management schemes (ESMS), plans and systems to ensure that Jemena meets its legislated responsibilities
- Lead the facilitation of risk identification, analysis, evaluation and documentation within the business
- Provide expert analysis of the health of the compliance program to facilitate continual improvement and implement plans for improvement,
- Carry out internal audits and reviews,
- Analysis of network incidents & management of the incident database (OSIRIS),
- Gather and analyse management information indicating potential weaknesses in those systems through facilitating workshops and leading or contributing to investigations (ICAMs or similar) of asset-related incidents to assist the business to understand the issues and identify effective controls.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualifications, skills and experience with you:
- Tertiary qualification in electrical engineering (eligible for membership to Engineers Australia) or as a specialist within the electricity industry with 10+ years of experience,
- Advance MS Excel skills,
- A sound understanding of risk identification, analysis and management,
- An understanding of the electricity distribution network & asset management,
- An understanding of the standards process at global, national and industry levels,
- An understanding of electrical network safety,
- An understanding of relevant Acts, codes, regulations and Standards Australia applying to the electricity industry,
- Advanced auditing skills preferred in Electrical safety and environmental,
- Advanced investigation skills (e.g. ICAM)
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
Jemena is committed to creating a workplace that’s inclusive, supportive and where everyone feels they can belong. We understand that each individual is unique and we embrace our differences.
Applications close 25th January 2021.
- Closed 3 days ago - 25 Jan 2021
- Published on 14 Jan 2021, 4:29 AM