Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
At Jemena, we are transforming the way we work so this is a great time to join us. We are customer focused, diverse, adaptive and not afraid to do things differently but our focus is constant – we drive business outcomes.
About The Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Media & External Affairs Adviser to join our team on a 10 month parental leave contract. This role supports the delivery of the Corporate Affairs strategic plan by providing communication advice to key stakeholders across the business. Your role will involve both strategic and tactical support across traditional and digital communications channels to inform, inspire, and influence key stakeholders and audiences.
The role is a part time opportunity with approx 22.5 hours per week.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide strategic communications and media advice across Jemena business areas to develop, implement, and evaluate communication plans and materials.
- Work in partnership with a range of stakeholders to translate policy positions into media materials to position Jemena as a thought leader amongst key audiences.
- Lead the development and delivery of proactive media campaigns to positively profile Jemena projects, products, policy positions, and services.
- Lead the development of issues management plans to protect and enhance the Group brand and reputation.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate content for use across the Group’s social and digital channels.
- Tertiary qualified in communications or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing & implementing media strategies in support of public communications campaigns.
- Experience working in a commercial environment that is issues rich and complex.
- Experience in an energy, utility or infrastructure environment would be highly desirable.
- Collaborative approach with an ability to influence stakeholders at a range of levels – including c-suite executives.
- Proficiency in Digital platforms and Microsoft Office suite particularly PowerPoint.
You showcase the confidence, capability and prioritising skills to navigate competing demands of the various business groups. You thrive in fast paced environments and deal with ambiguity, effectively managing often changing priorities. Finally, you couple a 'can do' attitude with a positive, friendly demeanour. These traits will ensure success in this critical role.
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your true self. We are a team that partners with Work 180 and celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.