- Work from home and office (Hybrid role).
- Supportive work culture.
- Leader in Utilities industry.
About The Company
Jemena owns and operates more than $11.5 billion worth of major utility infrastructure. We have been providing safe, secure, and reliable energy to Australians for more than 100 years. Our focus is on developing innovative solutions to the energy trilemma of reliability, affordability and sustainability.
About The Role
The Senior Regulatory Advisor delivers policy and regulatory analysis and support in submissions to, and negotiations with, regulators, governments and industry participants in relation to Jemena’s economic regulation.
In your role, you will contribute to consistent shareholder returns and contribute towards optimising the Jemena business by providing strategic regulatory advice and delivering services in relation to regulatory development, regulatory policy and economics, the preparation of regulatory submissions, regulatory reporting and regulatory price determinations.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of the current status and emerging trends of electricity and other utility industries. This includes a working knowledge of the relevant state and national policies, the energy industry regulatory structure, energy markets, licences, codes and contracts.
- Develop strategies for maintaining or enhancing revenue from regulated and unregulated revenue sources.
- Implement strategies to gain support of customers for key regulatory strategies.
- Analyse and develop regulatory arguments and positions, participating in consultative processes.
- Collaborate with others to deliver on our Annual Regulatory Information Notice reporting obligations.
- Prepare & co-ordinate contributions to submissions and draft submissions to the various regulators.
- Participate in national, state and industry forums on regulatory and industry development and reform as required.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification (Economics, Commerce, Law, Business)
- Demonstrated experience in utilities working with economic regulatory teams.
- Understanding of regulatory obligations and reporting requirements applicable to electricity distribution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, analysis and financial modelling.
- Effective communication and proficiency in your writing skills.
- A collaborative approach with the ability to negotiate and influence.
Jemena is committed to creating a workplace that’s inclusive, supportive and where everyone feels they can belong. We understand that each individual is unique and we embrace our differences.
We provide a range of employee benefits including flexible working options to help you blend your work/life balance.
Applications will close Sunday 25th April 2021 @ 11:59pm.
- Closes in 8 days - 25 Apr 2021
- Published on 07 Apr 2021, 11:41 PM