- Job no: 14055
Jemena is an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We pride ourselves on our innovative approach, technical expertise, and dedication to safety, quality, and sustainability. Our Group’s over 3000 team members across the East Coast, consistently strive to make a difference in the communities we serve.
About the role
Are you prepared for a position that promises variety and an opportunity to engage with the wider business?
In this role you'll not just encounter a multifaceted and supportive workplace but also gain valuable insights working with other areas of the business.
You'll play a pivotal part within the framework of our Asset Management System, contributing to the safety, reliability, integrity, and long-term value of Jemena's Gas Distribution Networks, providing key technical input into various areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Safety Management System activities for technical risk management for gas distribution asset classes, with a focus on the requirements of AS2885 and AS4645.
- Facilitate risk workshops and oversee the effective use of asset risk registers.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual Performance Monitoring and Reporting.
- Offer prompt, high-quality guidance on engineering matters related to asset class risk assessment.
- Seek business improvement opportunities, including overseeing technical research for risk management best practices in asset operations.
Ideally you will bring with you with approximately 5 years of technical engineering experience, including risk management, regulatory compliance and performance monitoring. We will consider those who have studied Engineering, specialising in areas such as Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Chemical, recognised by Engineers Australia.
You will be certified or working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer or Registered Professional Engineer (or its equivalent).
You will bring with you the following attributes, including:
- Ability to be able to solve complex problems.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- A strong understanding of the Risk Management process.
- An ability to comprehend and streamline abstract risk issues.
- Strong communication skills with a collaborative approach towards cross-functional teamwork.
- Effective management of conflicting priorities and deadlines.
We are a champion of equal opportunity employment and have committed to targets for gender equity and first nations representation in our workforce. We want you to come as you are by promoting an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds including First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.
Our people are our energy source and we offer meaningful benefits and rewards that work for you. We offer the opportunity for potential long term career growth as part of our talent development and succession planning process.
Join our team and make a meaningful impact toward Australia’s “Net Zero” targets through the delivery of critical infrastructure projects and be a part of our journey to shape the future of the energy and utilities industry.
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 13 Nov 2023, 12:23 AM