Fixed Term Contract – 6 -7 months
Sydney Field based role
Field Investigation Officer – Gas Distribution
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
Our new Field Investigation Officer will be responsible for providing a wide range of support services for metering assets under management by Jemena in NSW and ACT.
The role includes technical work involving the detection, prevention, investigation, obtaining supporting evidence and documentation for recovery of lost revenue through the likes of unauthorised use, damage or theft of gas metering service(s).
You will build strong customer and stakeholder relationships (both internal & external) and work collaboratively with other parts of the business to identify improvement opportunities and drive change throughout the organisation
Your responsibilities will include:
. Routine monitoring and audit of meter reading performance through field and systems audits
· Resolution of meter data issues and the monitoring and investigation of meter tracking and meter delivery processes associated with residential, commercial, industrial and high rise installations.
· Working collaboratively with other parts of the business to identify improvement opportunities and drive change throughout the organisation.
You would ideally have:
· Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing improvement opportunities to drive change within the organisation.
· Experience managing internal and external stakeholders and providing subject matter expertise to internal staff members.
· Experience in field investigation and complaints management, field and systems auditing and metering systems.
· Good communication both written and oral and ability to engage with all relevant stakeholders and customers.
· Good commercial business acumen and sound analytical skills for metering.
· Understanding of Capital, Operating and Maintenance expenditure Metering assets.
· Have a relevant tertiary qualification or be a qualified plumber.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.