At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 50,500 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Due to the continuous success of our New South Wales operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our growing Transport infrastructure team in our Newcastle office. As a people focused business, we really focus on work/life balance. And as we are a national business model, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on local and interstate projects for a range of government and private sector clients.
Main Activities and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Assisting more senior Engineers with the analysis of information, production of designs and computations.
- Preparing specifications, proposals and other documentation under broad supervision.
- Participating in planning to achieve prescribed objectives
- Undertake contract administration duties on projects as assigned including but not limited to; site inspections, review of shop drawings, assessment of financial claims and variations, commissioning tests and defects inspections.
- Prepare reports for clients on matters relating to engineering services.
- Record activities contributing to continuing professional development e.g. achieve Chartered Professional Engineering Status or equivalent.
- Undertake engineering as required to include the following; - Concept, detail design, and analyses and /or calculations to enable the preparation of documentation. - Assist in preparation of documentation for the calling and evaluation of tenders. - Coordinate design and documentation with other engineering services and with other team members.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following experience and qualities:
- 3+ years’ post qualification experience in a RMS or consulting office,
- Experience in Civil Engineering (road design & engineering, drainage will be well regarded (but not essential),
- Possess a Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Either registered as a Professional Engineer or studying towards recognition,
- Practical knowledge of road and civil design software,
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
Benefits at WSP:
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
At WSP you'll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through structured technical/management training, global and local practice networks and wellbeing programs.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.