With approximately 50,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
To find out more about working at WSP, our culture and values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
We are currently seeking a Principal Transport Modeller to join our Sydney office.
You will be working as part of a wider team of high performers. You will drive technical excellence in the modelling team delivering successful projects for our clients (internal and external). You will build client relationships (and leverage existing ones) to understand their priorities and to ultimately become a trusted advisor bringing in work. You will continue to grow our modelling team and diversify our clients. You will demonstrate excellent leadership characteristics and create a culture of collaborative working across our business. You will work closely with our digital and data analytics teams to create innovative solutions for our clients.
What we'll love about you
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, results-driven candidate with a passion for delivering real value to our clients and colleagues. A naturally collaborative individual and an ability to work in conjunction with cross-functional teams, you will be creative and agile in your thinking and able to influence stakeholders at multiple levels.
It is expected that your week will be split between project work, business development / winning work and, developing and mentoring more junior team members. You will lead the preparation of bids and project reports and the delivery of projects in a cost and time-effective manner.
To be successful in this role you will bring;
- Typically, 15+ years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning, Engineering or other relevant qualifications.
- Provide key technical expertise across a broad range of high-profile projects.
- Ability to write work programs for a multi skilled team and conducting peer reviews.
- Experience in all aspects of business development.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering best client outcomes/options which have saved the client costs/time.
- Innovative thinking
- Role model’s continual professional development.
- Prioritises building the capability of others via monitoring/coaching and on the job learning opportunities.
- Highly experienced in operational modelling (e.g. AIMSUN and VISSIM models). Strategic modelling expertise would be considered a bonus.
- Client liaison and management.
What we will offer you
WSP provides a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
· Flexible working hours and working from home
· Global mobility
· Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
· Corporate employee discounts and offers
· Salary continuance insurance
· Wellness at work & social club
· Workplace giving /volunteering
· Employee reward & recognition program
· Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.