WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors, environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Resources (including Mining and Industry), Water, Power and Environmental solutions, as well as provide project and program delivery and strategic advisory. With approximately 50,000 talented people globally, including 5,500 in 50 offices across Australia and New Zealand alone, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage an Associate Fire Engineer to join our Gold Coast office.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Office Manager through contributions towards the management of the Fire Engineering offering
- Contribute to the success of the wider specialist teams
- Contribute to the coordination of the Fire Engineering delivery, Quality, R&D and overall discipline performance
- Develop financial acumen, with assistance from the Specialist Finance Team.
- Foster an effective support network for Fire Engineering in Queensland via interaction with FE management and staff in other offices
- Project Leader duties for Fire Engineering projects
- Manage individual Fire Engineering projects including task delivery, scope delineations and variations
- Monitor and manage financial performance and debt for fire engineering projects
- Undertake scheduled Project Health Checks and where relevant, record observations for how we can work safer
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of workload management and work sharing
- Manage and mentor junior engineers working on project delivery
- Produce Fire Engineering documentation, including Fire Engineering Briefs and Reports, Consultant’s Advice and Design Notes
What we’ll love about you:
- Have relevant tertiary qualifications relating to Fire Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience and be registered as an RPEQ in the field of either Fire Safety Engineering, Fire Engineering, or be actively working to achieve registration within 6 months.
- Have an ability to prioritise work and work to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong demonstration of local work experience within the fire engineering industry
What you’ll love about us:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Parental Leave & Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Wellness at Work & Social Club
- Employee Reward & Recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. For more information please contact Emma Quinn on +61 2 9927 6582.
Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.