- Job no: EKHMF
- Categories: Mobile & Fixed Networks
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and Felix. TPG Telecom is the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX. Combining a mobile network and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance, TPG Telecom Limited is connecting Australia for the better.
The purpose of this Senior Architect role is to develop end-to-end solutions and capability evolution roadmaps for the Mobile Core Network in support of TPG business and strategic objectives. You will provide Mobile Core Network subject matter expertise to the assessment and shaping of business initiatives and provide input to annual and long-range plans. You will ensure a close working relationship with the other engineering domains, the broader technology organisation, other business stakeholders, the relevant vendors and industry forums.
This is a great time to join our TPG Engineering team as we look to leverage new 4G and 5G technologies and capabilities to provide enhanced services to our customers and support specialised services on the mobile network such as Public Safety Mobile Broadband.
- Accountable for the creation and development of end-to-end solutions to be provided by the TPG Mobile Core Network, including the capture and analysis of business and technical requirements, solution architecture, identification of impacts, technical capability requirements, cost and time estimates.
- Leading solutioning through to project execution and providing support through project execution.
- Technical feasibility assessments of new business initiatives
- Develop and provide input to the Mobile Core Network annual and long-range plan.
- You will maintain up to date knowledge of the organisation's strategic business plans and possible impacts on enterprise architecture. Ensure compliance & integration with the Enterprise Architecture. Identifying and investigating opportunities to utilise and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective, flexible solutions.
- You will work closely with the Business, Technology, and external stakeholders to gather, assess, and interpret requirements, concepts, strategies, and ideas and providing the business with the relevant inputs to assess and identify viable products and services to help drive TPG’s competitive advantage.
Knowledge, Capability and Experience
- At least 5+ years applied experience in Telecommunications solutions and architecture development for Network Systems and their interaction with Operational Support Systems and Business Support Systems.
- Previous experience in Solution Development to Project Execution is essential.
- Wide knowledge and experience of architecting and implementing 3G, 4G and 5G mobile core network technologies and solutions including:
- Mobile Packet Core and Policy Control
- IMS Mobile Network Technologies
- Roaming Architecture and Solutions
- Public Safety solutions and architectures such as Emergency Alerts, Cell Broadcast, Public Safety Mobile Broadband
- Network Sharing Architectures and Solutions (such as MVNO, MOCN, MORAN)
- Knowledge and experience of Network Function Virtualisation, Orchestration and Automation, Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies would be beneficial.
- Experience in managing or leading small dedicated or virtual teams would be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of the Australian technical regulatory requirements for telecommunications networks.
- Project and program management knowledge; managing or leading small dedicated or virtual teams would be beneficial.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
- Published on 29 Apr 2021, 5:19 AM