- Job no: ARQCT
- Categories: Mobile & Fixed Networks
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and Felix. TPG Telecom is the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX. Combining a mobile network and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance, TPG Telecom Limited is connecting Australia for the better.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for solution engineering, design, implementation, and system ownership of Mobile Core Network solutions driving project completion to meet scope and business requirements while supporting the project manager to deliver on time and on budget. You will ensure a close working relationship with the other engineering domains, the broader technology organisation, other business stakeholders and the relevant vendors.
You will work closely with the Business, Technology and external stakeholders to gather, assess, and interpret requirements, concepts, strategies and ideas and providing the business with the relevant inputs to assess and identify viable products and services to help drive Vodafone’s competitive advantage.
- Be accountable for the domain engineering, design, implementation and lifecycle management of packet core systems, roaming, network sharing and mobile core solutions.
- Act as design authority, develop, review, update and approve high level and low-level design documentation.
- Develop, review, update and implement system and application changes.
- You will maintain up to date knowledge of the organisation's strategic business plans and possible impacts on enterprise architecture. Ensure compliance & integration with the Enterprise Architecture. Identifying and investigating opportunities to utilise and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective, flexible solutions.
- You will work with 3rd party vendors during project execution to govern and ensure quality of work as per defined solution deliverables and service scope. Here you need to have in-depth understanding on how business and technical requirements translate to project artefacts such as Solution Proposals, Designs, Test Plans, Implementation Plans and the like to ensure deliverables are achieved at very high standards.
- Support all the planning activities (including budgeting) required to ensure the Domain meets the capacity, performance, risk, and lifecycle objectives of the business. Drive all the required initiatives including short, medium, and long terms activities to secure VHA’s aspirations in relation to great customer experience.
- Support operations team as required in the event of system outage or poor performance.
- Responsible for technical governance of vendor(s) and 3rd parties to ensure compliance with their agreed deliveries on their requirements.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5+ years applied experience in Telecommunications solutions and architecture development for Network Systems and their interaction with Operational Support Systems and Business Support Systems.
- Previous experience in Solution Development to Project Execution is essential. Previous experience as a design and implementation engineer in the above technologies and solutions is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of Mobile Core Network technologies and solutions with particular emphasis on:
- Packet Core (EPC, 5GC, Policy Control functions and signalling protocols)
- Roaming Architecture and Solutions
- Mobile Network Signalling Technologies and Protocols used in 3G, 4G and 5G Mobile Networks
- Public Safety solutions and architectures such as Emergency Alerts, Cell Broadcast, Public Safety Mobile Broadband
- Network Sharing Architectures and Solutions (such as MVNO, MOCN, MORAN)
- Charging Architecture and solutions
- Knowledge and experience of Network Function Virtualisation, Orchestration and Automation, Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies would be beneficial.
- Experience in managing or leading small dedicated or virtual teams would be beneficial
- Technology strategic thinking and solution development skills
- Comfortable in the management of complex technical matters.
- Strong practical Linux administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Strong Mobile Network Technologies with Key knowledge in the 4G and 5G technologies
- Strong understanding of the Australian technical regulatory requirements for telecommunications networks.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
- Published on 24 Mar 2021, 11:26 PM