- Job no: 8MK89
- Categories: Mobile & Fixed Networks, IP NOC
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. As the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX, TPG Telecom has a strong challenger spirit and a commitment to delivering the best services and products to our customers. We are driving competition and choice for businesses and consumers across Australia.
As an IP NOC Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and rectifying customer and network faults, performing network traffic management, network provisioning and monitoring network management systems for all TPG IP networks and elements. Based in Glebe, NSW , you will report to the Team Manager IP NOC and you will be expected to work on a 24x7 shift roster.
- Responding to Trouble Tickets and Network Alarms, and rectifying faults, escalating according to internal fault management procedures;
- Monitoring various elements of the network by multiple Network Management Systems;
- Liaising with Tier 2 staff and other departments to resolve major problems;
- Assisting and supporting in planned outages, network hazards and permits to work;
- Maintaining fault restoration times;
- Maintaining accurate fault ticket notes;
- Work with technology vendors and third party service providers, e.g., Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, Huawei, Ciena as required to understand incidents and problems;
- Configuration and provisioning builds for new services;
- Incident management
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Telecommunications or related engineering discipline;
- 3-6 years telco experience is desirable, ideally in technical involvement, including network management, equipment configuration and fault resolution processes;
- CCNA essential and CCNP, highly regarded;
- Good general IP technology knowledge with router, switch, network and IP protocol (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv1 and v2);
- Understanding of IP/MPLS VPNs;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently;
- Capability to use Visio, MS Office tools MS Office products;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to develop & maintain strong interpersonal working relationships;
- Thoroughness and a strong attention to detail;
- Must be able to conceptualise systems that comprise of people, process and/or technologies and consider the broader integration perspectives.
Benefits and Perks
- Thorough training and onboarding program
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like, each year
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Vodafone Learning platforms
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts (across Tech, Banking, Health & Leisure)
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
Interested? We are excited to hear from you!
- Published on 08 Jun 2021, 8:17 AM