- Job no: 7GM8Q
- Categories: Fibre Operations & Access Network Deployment, Fibre Operations
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. As the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX, TPG Telecom has a strong challenger spirit and a commitment to delivering the best services and products to our customers. We are driving competition and choice for businesses and consumers across Australia.
As Project Officer, you will manage the timely delivery of customer projects at the highest levels of quality, from engagement to project completion. Based in Glebe, NSW and reporting to the Fibre Operations and Access Network Manager, the role is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract and will provide project support to managed services orders end to end.
- Manage and co-ordinate dark fibre and managed services orders end to end
- Manage orders to ensure that scope, time and cost baselines are met
- Create and manage budgets
- Raise Purchase Orders
- Contractor management
- Communicate with stakeholders internally and externally to ensure order requirements, order status and order expectations are met
- Communicating with other carriers and external utilities and authorities
- Arranging access into buildings and Data Centres
- Attend site audits and site inspections where required
- Design of internal cable route plans, external conduit and pit routes
- Regular reporting to Team Leader on order status and expected completion dates.
Knowledge and experience
- Project management qualifications (e.g. ITIL, Prince2) desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in telecommunications desirable but not essential
- Driver licence
- Good knowledge of telecommunications fibre networks
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good knowledge of spatial systems and their application
- Good problem solving and diagnostic ability
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of communication – both written and verbal
- Good presentation and communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to Learning Hub platform
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
Interested? We are excited to hear from you!
- Published on 11 Jun 2021, 7:15 AM