Super Retail Group is one of Australasia’s largest leading retailers, with iconic brands including Supercheap Auto, Rebel, BCF and Macpac. The talent of our teams and their passion for providing an experience which inspires and enhance our customers’ leisure time drives our culture of innovation and opportunity.
At Super Retail Group we are striving to harness the power of data in all that we do – particularly as we look for new and exciting ways to engage and delight our passionate customers. SRG will be data-driven: valuing data, enabling data analytics capabilities, and removing barriers for our team members and customers and get better outcomes from the insights they derive.
We’re just kicking of the next stage of this journey, where we will make systemic and cultural change to realise the full value of our data assets. The Data Platform team will be the heart and lungs of that transformation. To help fuel this growth, we are building a team of bright curious minds who have the right mix of attitude, experience and willingness to learn to help take us to the next level.
The Data Specialist is responsible for designing, implementing and documenting the data architecture and data modelling solutions on the core Data & Analytics Platforms (AWS, Snowflake). By ensuring curated, trusted and validated data is easily available for use by all, this role will contribute to building a culture that routinely values data and insights. This role will work as part of the Data & Analytics Platform team to manage and operate Super Retail Group’s data ecosystem to ensure that it is at the cutting edge for the provision of information services.
The role will also involve:
- Implementing, maintaining and enhancing the data model and to ensure that SRG’s future technology capability is aligned with both the IS and Group strategy
- Understanding and communicating the implications of new technologies and how they can be used to enable business improvement
- Improving staff data literacy, engagement, and empowerment to make better decisions
- Driving evidence-based, responsive and timely decisions and choices
- Diagnose problems affecting systems and services & resolve within short timeframes to enable availability, continuity & integrity of services
You will thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing, and constantly-changing retail environment, and deploy your extensive experience with data modelling, schema design and enterprise big data platforms, to mature not only our technology platforms, but also the mindsets and culture across Super Retail Group.
You will also bring:
- Strong communication skills to work across teams
- Broad knowledge of data and cloud capabilities across multiple platforms
- Experience in Operational Delivery, including managing risks & issues arising from the work undertaken to ensure successful completion within all time, cost, scope, quality requirements
- Advanced SQL and/or Python scripting
- SnowPro Core Certification or AWS certifications would be advantageous
- Promoting work life balance through flexible work practices
- Commitment to your professional development
- Ongoing opportunities for progression
- Generous Team Member Discounts across all Super Retail Group brands
- Perks Program including discounts on health and well-being, entertainment, travel, accommodation and more
Don’t miss out on a rare opportunity to be part of an exciting phase of growth in our Data Platforms team, apply now!
"As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Super Retail Group strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about flexible working arrangements."
Super Retail Group has been awarded an Aon Best Employer Award for Australia, 2019.