Super Retail Group is one of Australasia’s largest leading retailers, with iconic brands including Rebel, BCF, Macpac and Supercheap Auto. The talent of our teams and their passion for providing an experience which inspires and enhance our customers’ leisure time drives our culture of innovation and opportunity. We have a team of over 12,000+ working across our network of 650+ stores.
This role is based at our Group Support Office located in Strathpine, Queensland.
About the opportunity
Working within our Data Platform Strategy and Architecture team, at the forefront of delivering technology business solutions that ensure Super Retail Group is at the cutting edge of how we engage with our customers.
As a Solution Architect (Data & Analytics), you will be responsible for the data and technology design of the Data & Analytics landscape at Super Retail Group. You will maintain an overarching view of the end data environment while designing solution components, data models & structures, ingestion methods, warehouse designs and data lakes. Our aim is to build out a Cloud based, Data & Analytics platform on AWS, to deliver a step change in decision making capability to the business.
About the role
This is the beginning of a journey where the focus is to Design, develop, maintain and enhance the Data Architecture domain to ensure that the Data technology road map is aligned with both the IS and Group strategy. You will be data and solutions focused with a talent for thinking outside the box to determine innovative outcomes. Working closely with business partners and key stakeholders, you will ensure our Data and Analytics platform is an enabler for our strategic goals and supports a fast paced and fast changing retail environment.
The role will also involve:
- Develop and maintain domain architectures including business systems roadmaps, patterns and standards, utilising both business and technical knowledge
- Own overall design of data solutions that strike the right balance between functionality, maintainability and cost effectiveness
- Liaise with business stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of business needs, to align across divisions within our organisation
- Understand guide and promote the adoption of a Cloud based, Data and Analytics Platform technologies to support strategic objectives
- Provide guidance and assistance to IS Colleagues on Cloud solutions and options
- Being curious and passionate about continuously keeping abreast of evolving technologies and emerging industry trends
To be successful in this role
We are looking for a strong communicator who thrives on working in a fast paced environment. You will be a dynamic and progressive Solutions Architect with expertise in Data and Analytics who feels most comfortable working within an agile environment.
You will also bring:
- Experience designing Data, Warehousing & Analytics solutions preferably within the AWS environment
- Strong data warehousing, data modelling, and analytical skills
- An ability to articulate technical and business value/outcomes to a range of audiences with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications in AWS are highly desirable.
- Experience in enterprise frameworks and cloud-based data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake
- Certification across multiple cloud environments would be beneficial
Why join Super Retail Group?
Our offer to you is a workplace supporting flexible work arrangements, the opportunity to work for one of Australasia’s Top 10 ASX listed retailers, generous discounts across all of our retail brands, corporate perks program and a competitive package of salary + super + bonus.
Super Retail Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support, promote and celebrate diversity and we recognise the benefits a culture of inclusion brings to our workplace and customer experience.